What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

104+ packs of ~50 Sarr seeds each for SASE

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone! If you've ever wanted to try Sarracenia by seed... Here is your chance! I think I have enough to cover anyone interested in trying for quite some time. Pyro sent me all of his open pollinated Sarracenia seed produced this past season and I've been counting out piles of 50+ and putting them in hand made envelopes. I have some more to go, but have 104 packs made and ready to ship out!

It started out something like this
P1010605.JPG

And as of right now, my done packs look like this
1124091115.jpg

And I still have a tad more to do! If you wonder what the crosses are, no one knows since they're open pollinated by nature. But I think we all know the awesome assortment that he was growing at the time so lots of great potential in here!

Just reply that you are interested and I'll keep the topic updated, then send your SASE (Be sure to include a note containing your forum name so I can cross you off the list when I send.) to my work at

Century Park Apts.
Attn: Andrew
765 W. Limberlost dr. #11
Tucson, Az 85705

If you have a seed pack of something you would like to send me, just send me a PM and if it is something I'm interested in, I'll send your Sarracenia seeds out, no SASE required.

Enjoy, and GO!

Andrew

PS: I reserve the right to cross people off the list if I do not get your SASE within 10 days of you putting your name on the list... So I'm not sitting around wondering if it is ever coming. So put your name down only if you are ready to send your envelope, get some seeds, and grow some Sarrs!
PSS: USA only :sorry:

I can still see your posts but have moved names here and deleted them since the topic will surely get long! If for some reason I miss yah, please put your name back in. Thanks!

11/24/09

1) Drew shipped 12/4/09
2) dashman shipped 12/5/09
3) Awgaupp shipped 12/1/09
4) adrian shipped 11/30/09
5) gr8oz shipped 12/4/09
6) swampdonkey shipped 12/2/09
7) cactusbum shipped 12/1/09
8) Halt shipped (with flytrapshop.com order) 12/7/09

11/25/09

9) antechron shipped 12/4/09
10) Veronis shipped 11/30/09
11) nesler shipped 12/4/09
12) Fred P shipped 12/4/09

11/26/09

13) Dr. Frank Lyons

11/27/09

14) denverone shipped 12/4/09
15) chezilla shiped 12/15/09
16) CN shipped 12/4/09
17) FReNcH3z shipped 12/3/09

11/28/09

18) Mia shipped 12/8/09
19) dking shipped 12/3/09
20) sarracenia (trade-THANKS!) shipped 11/30/09

12/2/09

21) Millipede shipped 12/8/09

12/3/09

22) ieat100s shipped 12/15/09

12/4/09

23) catrus
24) Zero

12/7/09

25) BETSYFROCKS

12/14/09

26) Hermopolis shipped 12/22/09

1/10/10

27) mktamin shipped 1/13/10
28) Jag shipped 1/14/10

1/11/10

29) Lil Stinkpot Shipped 1/15/10
30) ellisonk001 shipped 1/15/10
31) kgrudz shipped 1/15/10

2/12/10

32) millworkman Shipped 2/17/10
33) dsrtfox1942
34) uphwiz Shipped 2/19/10

2/19/10

35) elrohir shipped 2/25/10
36) skm0308 shipped 2/25/10
37) Clue shipped 2/26/10

2-22-10

38) Nickz123 shipped 3/1/10
39) vbkid shipped 3/1/10

3/7/10

40) shanec shipped 3/20/10

3/10/10

41) TENroaches shipped 3/16/10
42) billy lh shipped 3/16/10
43) bill lh reshipped 3/27/10

3/22/10

44) Spintix shipped 3/27/10
45) Raven01000 shipped 3/27/10
46) massmorels shipped 4/3/10

4/3/10

47) nikki630 shipped 4/10/10

4/19/10

48) kayaker78 (with flytrapshop.com order) 4/20/10

4/29/10

49)silenceisgod

5/1/10

50) GrowinOld shipped 5/11/10

5/22/10

51) McGher shipped 6/1/10

Last edited:
Just wanted to note:

BIG Thanks to Pyro and Andy for doing this. It's an amazing opportunity for a lot of beginner growers to get their hands on some seeds and doing some trial/error!

Thanks to both of you!

My sase AND soon to be order is going out soon. :)

If i order.. do I have to send out a sase? o.o

No, I'll throw it in your box :)

Andrew

Last edited:
What type of sarr? Or is it a surprise?

He said that it was open pollinated, which means that it pollinated by nature. Nobody eccept God should know what it is.

Here are the Sarracenia I was growing last season. I would guess about 90-95% of these were blooming (and please do not ask me which ones those were, I cannot remember.)

S. oreophila “Veined” (Dean Cook clone)
S. oreophila “Heavy Veined” (Dustin clone)
S. oreophila (ICPS seedbank)
S. minor var. okefenokeensis “Ware Co., GA”
S. minor var. okefenokeensis “PF clone”
S. leucophylla G1
S. leucophylla G2
S. leucophylla ‘Titan’
S. leucophylla “Purple Lips”
S. leucophylla “Anthocyanin free”
S. leucophylla “Pale” (not anthocyanin free)
S. leucophylla “Hurricane Creek, AL” (ICPS seedbank)
S. purpurea ssp. venosa “ABG heavy vein
S. psittacina
S. psittacina “Walton Co. FL, Wilkerson Bog”
S. alabamensis (ICPS AL003)
S. alabamensis (ICPS AL002)
S. alabamensis (ICPS AL001)
S. alata “Jasper Co., TX”
S. flava “Horry Co., SC”
S. flava var. rugelli “Liberty Co., FL”
S. flava “Walton Co., FL”
S. flava “Geryston Beach, FL”
S. flava var. rubricorpora “Apalachicola National Forest, FL”
S. flava var rubricorpora “PF Breeding Stock”
S. flava var. ornata “PF clone”
S. flava var rubricorpora x flava var. ornata
S. rubra ssp. gulfensis (ICPS seedbank 2001)
S. cv ‘Leah Wilkerson’ (WC x moorei)
S. cv ‘Wilkerson’s Red’ (WC x moorei)
S. cv ‘Wilkerson’s White Knight (WC x moorei)
S. cv ‘Reptilian Rose’(oreophila “Sand Mountian” x moorei ‘Royal Ruby’)
S. cv ‘Royal Ruby’ (WC x moorei)
S. cv ‘Black Widow’ (alata “black throat” x flava rubricorpora)
S. cv ‘Alucard’ (‘Royal Ruby’ x flava rubricorpora)
S. cv Plum (oreophila x leucophylla)
S. cv ‘Daniel Rudd’
S. cv ‘Dana’s Delight’
S. ‘Wilkerson’s Red’ x ? (open pollinated) “Walton Co., FL”
S. ‘Leah Wilkerson’ x oreophila
S. x moorei (Wes Buckner Clone)
S. x areolata “Alabama”
S. x areolata “Watson’s Pineland Preserve”
S. x areolata “Ruby Throat #14”
S. oreophila x leucophylla
S. leucophylla x oreophila “RC clone”
S. leucophylla “red” x minor “Okee Giant”
S. leucophylla x umlauftiana
S. catesbaei x oreophila
S. (rubra x oreophila) x (purpurea ssp. venosa x leucophylla)
S. (leucophylla “red” x minor “Okee Giant”) x moorei ‘Royal Ruby’
S. flava rubricorpora x leucophylla (“Doppelgänger”)
S. flava rubricorpora x leucophylla “Purple Lips” (AAA)
S. leucophylla “Purple Lips” x flava “ornata”
S. ‘Royal Ruby’ x ‘Judith Hindle’
S. [(rubra x oreophila) x (purpurea ssp. venosa x leucophylla)] x leucophylla “alba top”
S. leucophylla “Purple Lips” x flava “cuprea” Clone 1
S. leucophylla “Purple Lips” x flava “cuprea” Clone 2
S. ‘Royal Ruby’ x rosea
S. [(oreophila x flava) x purpurea ssp. venosa] x ‘Royal Ruby’

Thanks for the list Travis! I went to your growlist to get them, but you had already deleted everything from cutting back your collection. Not only is this a great opportunity for some newbs to try their hand at growing some Sarrs from seed... (plenty of seed in each pack to try a couple of methods) but also those of you that know how to do it, this is a great chance to grow some awesome Sarr hybrids. They may be unknown, but that won't take away from their beauty :) What Travis grew was not simply Sarrs... but a great representative of any Sarr!
Clearly there are plenty left to go around :rookwoot:
Andrew

EDIT: Please just post to this topic, no reason to PM me unless you have something to send me and I send you some of these :p

When we receive them, should they be cold stratified, or have they already had stratification and can be sown immediately?

They are stored in the fridge, but in order to officially be stratified they need to be damp and cold. Since it is winter, I'd say pot them up, put there in the cool weather (if your winter is appropriate like mine is) and keep a little damp, watching for any type of fungal growth (of course time this with when it should start getting warm in your area...) That's how I did mine at least. :p There are other methods too... here is the ICPS recommendations: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/seedbank/seedgermguide.htm search around, there are more than a few different ways to do it, but all should float around the same information....the seeds need to be damp and cool for 4-8 weeks :) Like I said earlier in the topic, chose a couple methods to try, and give it a shot! Then you can come write something up to help others :-O
Andrew

I will also note, that I have some seeds sprouting right now that I had planted last winter, most of them sprouted in spring and grew all summer... and some sat around and did nothing till now when it started getting cold. So don't give up on them either in just a month or something. I'll try to get some pictures up of my seedlings. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the list Travis! I went to your growlist to get them, but you had already deleted everything from cutting back your collection.

No worries Andy, figured you may have gone looking and knew you would find my hard pruned list posted here on the board.

Please note: You can see if yours has been shipped yet by checking the master list (2nd post). Also, have plenty more :)

Andrew

So now you open to none US?xP

im after marvin if you can ship outside US

Sorry guys, not shipping out of the US is not a matter of if I have enough seeds or not but rather I'm not set up to ship plant material outside of the US. :sorry:
Andrew

<merge>

Andrew - If you're stuck with a lot of seed after all requests have been filled, let us know if we can have a second round. :)

Fred

Sarracenia seed have a good shelf life so I'll probably keep this ope for quite a while. Hopefully by then a lot of people get a chance to take advantage of the seed! But if I feel time is getting short on the seed and not enough requests are coming in, I'll definitely post that it's open to second offers.

I'd like some, Andrew. Is it too late?

Nope! Plenty to go! You've been added to the list.

<merge>

is there an address that i send a sase to or shipping that I need to pay?

Hello, I will add you to the list. Look at the first post of this topic and you will find the instructions. Make sure you send an SASE to the address provided, for more info on what a SASE is, check this topic: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115000 Make sure to include a note of who you are as well ;)

Andrew

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Again since this topic is going to (eventually) get really long, I have moved the received replies to their own post which is located right here. I'm also combining all of my (in a row) posts and deleting seed requests (from your view) as they come in and I add you to the list.
Again, still plenty to go! And make sure to show your updates ;-)

Andrew

Last edited:
It's probably too late. I joined the forum just recently. Do you still have seed?

Thanks,

-Hermes.

Offer is ongoing till closed! I'll add you to the list, send your SASE :) (I have 2 going out tomorrow in fact! PLENTY to go still!
Andrew

How's the supply looking? Would there be enough for a 2nd round?

Supply is looking just fine, but I think I'll hold off on doubles until fall or so. I'd like to cover as many people as I can.

hello I am new to your forum and would like to know if you still had any Sarr. seeds available? If so can I have some please? thank you very much for this opportunity and for letting me join your forum! :)

Yep! Still plenty, I'll add you to the list go ahead and send your SASE. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your first one was crushed to powder and the second one I sent never arrived? What's the deal with your mail people??! Maybe we should try a bubble envelope since normal ones are not getting to you... go ahead and send one.

Andrew

uphwiz, absolutely they're still good! Send away your sase and I'll get one out to you. I sow mine right on typical Sarr. media. I think there are a few topics on it around here somewhere, they do need to be stratified still...

Andrew

whats that, about 6 weeks in the fridge 35 to 40 degrees, i dont think we have enough winter maybe 4 to 5 weeks with those temps.
sorry so many questions but dont want to wast them?
SASE out on monday, thanks

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

whats that, about 6 weeks in the fridge 35 to 40 degrees, i dont think we have enough winter maybe 4 to 5 weeks with those temps.

Yup! Never arrived.

This is odd, because I've never had an issue with the mail before.

I'll send an SASBM as soon as I can.

~~~

Drew, yup, powdered! If you ever wanted to try Sarracenia as a seasoning, you can't do worse with mine!

Yup! Never arrived.

This is odd, because I've never had an issue with the mail before.

I'll send an SASBM as soon as I can.

Drew, yup, powdered! If you ever wanted to try Sarracenia as a seasoning, you can't do worse with mine!

Sounds good.

No mail today :p somewhere around there is good. I have some that are sprouting this year in the pots I sowed last fall. don't worry about wasting them, there is plenty here to give a shot.. I'd bet I still have some come next fall where people can start getting seconds.

Andrew

Back