Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Pinguicula

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late replies on this thread guys. I've been flat on my back the last few days with this cold. I had it about a week ago and it wasn't that bad, then it came right back with the vengeance.

Thanks for the visuals Jim! My acuminata looks just like yours. I have it growing side by side with P. gigantea, and they look the same to me. No flowers yet though. Now that I think about it, I think I got my P. agnata CSUF from a different source. Here's my CSUF http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_3682.jpg (yes it's sad when it's easier to find my photos on the photo finder site than in my own photobucket LOL).

NAN thank you for the offer! I have PMed you.
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get well soon, my friend! This is just a "shameless plug":

And yeah, so many of them look too much alike to me, even when the things flower. What's funny is when you get the same plant from 2 hobbyists and have them side to side... and see that there really is a difference. I had that about 5 years ago when two people sent me U. sandersonii blue. I saw that one looked like the white variety to know that the other was different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim!! Dare I say I'm starting to feel better. A couple days ago I said that and it was a false alarm.

I agree, may of them look just alike to me, and I'm not good with IDs in general lol.

I think I had U. sandersonii blue at one point. There's not too much difference, mine was barely even blue. I think I managed to kill it somehow.

I'll reply to your email in a couple days and maybe we can get a trade together. I can fill your slots for P. gigantea and P. agnata CSUF and maybe another D. graminifolia if you'd like.
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! *your light is on*

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Crisstal -

The P. acuminata I received from you a few months back looks identical to Jim's pictures of it. It sounds like you guys are leaning more towards it being P. gigantea, which is great for me... I have never had any luck with P. gigantea, but so far the plant I received from you as P. acuminata has since tripled in size!

I don't think I have any of the pings you are looking for, but take a look at my growlist and let me know if you see something that you like. The plain P. agnata I have recently divided after flowering, so I should have an extra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, sorry Baylorguy. I haven't been around on the forums much lately and overlooked your post when I have stopped by. Yes, I'm definitely leaning toward P. gigantea. Sorry about that!! I'm glad you're not upset with me . I had my supposed P. acuminata and P. gigantea growing side by side and kept noticing how much they looked alike. I finally decided to look up P. acuminata on the photofinder website. It's certainly not P. acuminata.

I'd very much be interested in a regular P. agnata. Are you looking for anything in particular? I may would want to wait until spring if that's okay since the temperatures are so unpredictable here.

Jim, I'm working on emailing you right now. You'll have an email shortly. Sorry for the delay!!
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So.. what exactly do I have in my pictures? Is the acuminata really a gigantea? And what is the agnata CSUF?

LOL! I think that from now on, with the possible exception of D. adelae and C. follicularis and P. gyspicola, when I post pictures, I'll just leave off the names. Maybe I'll do like Botanical Wonders and write, "Drosera species".

Got the Email!

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem Crisstyal,

Like I said I am actually happy that FINALLY a P. gigantea is doing well for me

Spring would probably be better anyway. It'll give the division more of a chance to settle!

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Here is the P. agnata. If you look closely you can see two separate plants. And here are a couple other pings that have also divided after flowering:

[IMG]P. agnata[/IMG]

Pings that have divided

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12