What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P esseriana for _____

Throwing together a new terrarrium and I need some Utrics and Drosera that would do well. My P. esseriana took over an entire pot so I have some spillage to trade off! Shoot me a pm with what you got and I'll work something out

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have anything else to offer? I already have P. esseriana.

I also have some spare P. 'Sethos' but it seems you grow the only two pings I do!

Edit: oh it's P. 'Sethos' not P. 'Titan'. The P. 'Sethos' is from jimscott and the P. esseriana were cuttings from Thomas

PM'd.

WOW ... Those look Nicely grown ..... well done

kind of a tangent...how do you manage to turn your P. esseriana pink like that? i've been growing them under high intensity CF lights but they still maintain that greenish-lime color.

Thanks CN, it took me a while to get the hang of it. The P. 'Sethos' flower constantly and are very vivid! One of my favorites.
I've been offered U. dichotoma , U. livida, U. sandersonii blue, and D. pulchella x nitidula gemmae thanks alot guys I only have a couple left now!

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I grow with 4x 4100k t12 fluorescents. They're happy at 15" and can turn deep red and compact if I move them to 10" away from the lights.

elandolf,
Nice growing, thanks for sharing the pics. No matter how many plants I grow I always enjoy seeing other people's plants.

I keep mine within a few inches of the fluorescent lights, until they start to bloom.

Last edited:
Hmm... I wonder if my Moranensis hybrid is P. 'Sethos'?

:offtopic:Several years ago I distributed several hundred Pinguicula 'Sethos' in a giveaway.

Here's a photo taken of one of mine -->

P_Sethos_sml.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

That's my "hybrid"... Look similar?

:offtopic:The plant leaves look like they could be P. 'Sethos', but several species, hybrids, and cultivars have similar leaves. The flower will be needed for positive verification.

P_Sethos_2inch.jpg

Yeah, this did get off topic.
Anyway, It should be flowering soon... I guess I'd post a pic to your profile page.

Back