What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some halp or trade.

Hi everyone I’m sad to say that my small collection of VFT was stolen today. so all I have left is a B52 that I still have in the fridge for its dormancy. If anyone is willing to trade a division of my B52 for “saw tooth,” 'Bohemian Garnet,' 'Fused Tooth,' 'Holland Red,' or Low Giant. pullings would be good as well. Send me a message. I know this is probably a bad time of the year for VFT but I’m down because I lost most of my clone’s thank you for your time and keep me in mind in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
That really sucks. How were they stolen??

I had my plants in the fridge for there dormancy, but I took them outside because I was told that they might not make it if I left them in the fridge. So I risked my plants by putting them outside. The thing is that I live in a apartment complex with a lot of people walking by. I was hoping that not to many people would notice them but I was wrong. Its ok because they were not doing so good. I lost all my clones except my B52.

i dont know what they were thinking? maybe putting a sign that said "do not touch" might have worked....

anywho, the saddest part is that these people probably dont know how to cultivate venus fly traps either....such a shame. im not a vft collector but i do hope you get your collection back up and running sooner than later.

As long as they enter dormancy correctly they definitely would have made it in the fridge. I keep ALL of my Sarr, temperate Drosera and VFT in the fridge and have yet to loose one. *knock on wood*
Whoever told you they may not make it was misinformed. It takes more work then an outside dormancy but it is ABSOLUTELY possible.

French, i think the key phrase is "enter dormancy correctly". if i recall, j-rod grew his plants under terrarium grow lights indoors. with the lack of photoperiod and temperature reduction, combined with instant refrigeration, his plants to react poorly to the induced dormancy. therefore it was suggested that his plants would stand a chance if they grew outdoors. -->http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120941

Back