Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: "SASE"-D. capensis 'Albino'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay

its been 12 and 7 of mines have started to germante or sprout w/e you call it i cant wait till more starts to sprout/germanate

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed it before, but I'd do it. Really since I'm just starting out all sundews are good sundews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HECK! I've got mold growing on the surface of one of my pots. I tried to scrape it away, but didn't get very close to the seedlings. I also dropped some of the moldy soil into the watering tray. D: I hope that doesn't harm it. I'm scared.

Should I spray something on this pot? Should I take this pot out of the watering tray to let it dry out some?

I had a bunch of sundew seedlings I lost to algae before. It really stinks to let your babies die like this

EDIT: It's across more than one of the pots. I think I keep the soil too wet.
    Tim

Grow List

bogspot - my blog about my plants

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap...idk what to tell you dude. i really didnt have any problem. did you wash all of your media before you used it? i think if you let it dry out you might kill the dews. if anything doesnt work ill def send you a dew (or a bunch) when i feel comfortable with unpotting them (im a noobie).
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rinsed all my media. I keep the pots in water all the time, and try not to let it dry out. I'm going to let it dry a little. I appreciate your offer, jafvortex. The sundews still look healthy right now. I think I might be bad at growing from seed. All the electricity used by the lights and I can't even do it right.
    Tim

Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENroaches View Post
    HECK! I've got mold growing on the surface of one of my pots. Should I spray something on this pot? Should I take this pot out of the watering tray to let it dry out some?

I had a bunch of sundew seedlings I lost to algae before.
    EDIT: It's across more than one of the pots. I think I keep the soil too wet.
    Ten,
    Spraying something? I remember NaN posting chamomile tea because it contains sulfur. (cool ofcoure). You can also top water your media. I have noticed that helps to control any algae. I recommend don't dry the media. Its good that your media is wet or at least very moist.

Loosing seedlings to algae? I read in a book I THINK by Adrian Slack or someone reputable and NaN too I THINK,(which I agree) that while algae looks ugly your seedlings will grow and not get killed by the algae. From personal experience I have not yet lost seeds because of algae. I have only noticed that they grow at a slower rate.

Lastly, the problem is that your soil is too wet is just that you may have poor air circulation.
    Poor air circulation = algae. I have plants inside and out and usually my algae is little to almost none because I try to make sure I have enought air flowing around.

Oh yeah I forgot, you should of tried the outdoors. C'mon its a D. capensis for crying out loud. lol. Hope this helps.

~Jesse
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-08-2011 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    Growlist

Jesse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones that had algae were under saran for 8 months or so. The ones with mold aren't covered, but are on a grow rack with mylar lining two sides of it... I don't know if mold cares about air flow or not, though.

I have 8 pots of D. capensis seedlings, I guess it can't hurt to put one or two outside.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-08-2011 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment
    Tim

Grow List