What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"SASE"-D. capensis 'Albino'

I'd like some D. capensis 'Albino' seed :)
Man I remember when I had too many of them two years ago Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Raven01000
2 Narnar
3 kgrudz
4 Ngantnier
5 Pandora
6 Phil1
7 Zero
8 Jag
9 Vbkid
10 Zhilin
11 Maxx
12 Maxx
13 Massmorels
14 Alex2751
15 ShaneC
16 ShaneC
17 SGcvn69
18 SGcvn69
19 TENroaches
20 insecttrap
21 Timmy

or are they gone?

They are all gone right now.

But, I may have more in a few weeks, so stay tuned.

Besides, that list isn't current. Two pages from this there is the last updated list with 24 slots and all of them full.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I just put three pots outside. I scrape off all the mold, and it comes back. I have fewer and fewer seedlings with each passing day. I haven't tried looking for Physan yet. I think I'll go get chamomile tea today.

I'm REALLY sorry about that.

Next time, rinse your peat and sterilize your media in the microwave...and don't keep it so wet!!!

You should probably try running water through the containers. Maybe that will get rid of some of the nutrients the mold is feeding on. You've got to do it really slow and carefully though.

You could also repot some of the seedlings.

Here is your plan:

SAVE AT LEAST TWO SEEDLINGS. GET ONE MATURE PLANT AT LEAST!

I'm sure you can find a way to save one or two. You can propagate from a mature plant. If that fails, you might be able to get more seed from me or another forum member. You could also try leaf cuttings. I'm sure somebody would send you some.

If anybody wants these I have more:
(I'm adding more slots because people have expressed their desire for the seeds)

Ooooo Can I be number 1?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

1Millworkman

1Millworkman
2Chomp 4 packs, if that's okay

Thank You

1Millworkman
3 WayCool

Last edited:
1Millworkman
3 WayCool
4 chibae

Updated list:

1 Millworkman
2 Chomp
3 Chomp
4 WayCool
5 chibae

Chomp: Of course it's ok. You must just follow the rules (a little different than the normal SASE) and that means you PM me for my address! (hint hint)

If you already have my address than you don't need to of course. Didn't think of that.

Last edited:
Whoops, I would like two sets, going out in mail today, thanks SDCPs.

1 Millworkman
2 Chomp
3 Chomp
4 WayCool
5 chibae
6 Millworkman

1 Millworkman
2 Chomp
3 Chomp
4 WayCool
5 chibae
6 Millworkman
7 naich

@ millworkman: That's fine ;)

updated list:

1 Millworkman
2 Millworkman
3 Chomp
4 Chomp
5 WayCool
6 chibae
7 naich

1 Millworkman
2 Millworkman
3 Chomp
4 Chomp
5 WayCool
6 chibae
7 naich
8 patrock

Picture has been fixed.

Current list. Only 2 more spots left!

1 Millworkman
2 Millworkman
3 Chomp
4 Chomp
5 WayCool
6 chibae
7 naich
8 patrock

Got my seeds today SDCPs, thanks again for making this possible.

You're welcome!

@ Chomp: Your seeds have been sent! They got to me alright. Don't ever hesitate to make sure of something before doing it ;)

1 Millworkman
2 Millworkman
3 Chomp
4 Chomp
5 WayCool
6 chibae
7 naich
8 patrock
9 BurntSnow

Got mine today!
Thanks!

Can't wait for all 600 of my seeds!

If the fungus/mold that is growing on your media is killing your seedlings, sprinkling a fine dusting of RootShield®, then lightly mist it into the soil surface can help protect seedlings, it is available from Gardener's Supply (where I get mine - there are other sources, too). It is a fungus, Trichoderma harzianum, that eats other harmful fungus and forms a protective symbiosis with plant roots.

I've had good results when using this product, and I can recommend it for use with Cephalotus, Drosera, Pinguicula, and Sarracenia. If it is incorporated into the media, prior to planting it should provide a better benefit. It works better as a preventative, rather than a cure.

Last edited:
Back