What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffee Plants

I have some Coffee seedlings for trade. They are in 3" pots and each pot has 3-6 plants. They are about 2 months old and just starting to get the first set of leaves above the cotyledons. They grow great as house plants and are tolerant to about 40 degrees. I am willing to trade for just about anything carnivorous.
IMG_0518.jpg

Here is an example of what you will have in a bout 6 months
IMG_0517.jpg

possibly interested. Do they actually produce coffee? Or are they more ornamental.

Same here, I might be interested. Do they actually produce coffee beans?

They sure do produce coffee. They are Coffea arabica plants and can produce fruit in 3-4 years.

What plants are you looking for? I have S. Dana's Delight that I could trade, or D. Spathulata, D. Adelae, P. moctezumae, P. primulifloria, P. medusina.

Wow! Yours look way, way better than the ones I rescued from Home Depot (8 out of 9 of which have kicked the bucket.) My friends have some going at their house that also look dramatically better than mine. What's the trick to them? I've had some appear to die from overwatering, and others from underwatering... I wonder if maybe they're all just permanently stunted from being abused at the store.
I'm interested in trading as well, but probably not until April or so as I've got a bunch of stuff on my plate. I have lots of Sarracenia, and with any luck I'll have lots of Neps from cuttings by late Spring/early Summer. Great offer!
By the way, are those benches made from PVC and poultry wire? Or did you just take your plants out to the chicken coop for a photo op? :D
~Joe

Im not sure if there is a definite trick to growing them. Everything I have read says that they are adaptable to indoor growing, artificial light growing and outdoor growing. They just need to be protected from frost. I grow mine in 60/40 peat/perlite. They desire a well draining mix and don't require much fertilizer.
The picture was taken in one of my greenhouses, it is metal pipe with wire on top. I should have these for a long time so the offer is open. I planted these about 2 months ago and I just planted 25,000 more seeds last week.

I'll trade you a d. dichotoma for some seedlings. One of my favorite sundews

Back