What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A story and a question

Last season I started as a beginner and bought a ton of plants. I spent around $100 bucks last summer and had more error than I expected. This was due to overwatering, lack of knowledge, and using a hydroponics style vegetable planter that my mom had sitting in the garage. This vegetable grower did not have proper drainage holes and every single one of my 20 some odd variety of different VFTs died due to extreme root rot that you could smell just by hovering over the planter. (I have learned since then) Luckily all of my sundews survived and my sar that are in separate pots. This season I want to try out this hobby again, I put all 4 of my sundews and my 1 sar in a giant minibog that has drainage holes and they are starting to grow back beautifully. I was thinking about maybe getting a new collection of VFTs in the bog as well, but that is if I can find a great deal on a bundle package this season. This is where i wanted to ask if anyone out there is having any deals this season on bundles of varied VFTs?

Last season I started as a beginner and bought a ton of plants. I spent around $100 bucks last summer and had more error than I expected. This was due to overwatering, lack of knowledge, and using a hydroponics style vegetable planter that my mom had sitting in the garage. This vegetable grower did not have proper drainage holes and every single one of my 20 some odd variety of different VFTs died due to extreme root rot that you could smell just by hovering over the planter. (I have learned since then) Luckily all of my sundews survived and my sar that are in separate pots. This season I want to try out this hobby again, I put all 4 of my sundews and my 1 sar in a giant minibog that has drainage holes and they are starting to grow back beautifully. I was thinking about maybe getting a new collection of VFTs in the bog as well, but that is if I can find a great deal on a bundle package this season. This is where i wanted to ask if anyone out there is having any deals this season on bundles of varied VFTs?

:nono: No purchasing, selling, advertising, etc. in this forum. Sorry. We can only mention flytrapshop.com, which is the nursery that Andrew (Adnedarn- the admin) runs.

(Psssst! Try the link in the orange bar that says "flytrapshop.com"... great plants, and by purchasing, you support TF and get a green name like yours truly. ;) )

By the way this bog has a crap load of drosera seeds that I put in it at the end of last summer thanks to some of the members here, I saw two capensis growing but died once the winter came.. Hopefully some of those seeds in that bog are still waiting to grow this season.

By the way this bog has a crap load of drosera seeds that I put in it at the end of last summer thanks to some of the members here, I saw two capensis growing but died once the winter came.. Hopefully some of those seeds in that bog are still waiting to grow this season.

You will probably see some come up later this year. Once you have capensis, you will probably not get rid of it... and if you don't, I'll be sure to send you some albino and typical capensis seeds August-ish. :-O

Oops sorry I forgot about that.. Well if anyone has any VFT seeds or unwanted ones I would gladly pay for the shipping.. wanted to get back into the hobby even though I don't have much money this year lol..

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Thank you Clue

Back