What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3:

1 skm0308
2 allegedhuman
3 jm82792
4Flytraplady5

hey sdcp can i send for another pack of venusta seeds? after i sowed them my nephew picked the pot up, i walked in said "what are you doing?" he got scared and dropped it.

@ jafvortex93:

Yeah, go ahead! Just post again (or edit your post) and take up a spot, there are plenty to go around. I Hope you weren't too hard on your nephew! I know that can be frustrating.

@ Billy:

You're welcome! If I was doing a conventional SASE I wouldn't do that for you, but this modified SASE allows for things like that. So, its no big deal at all. Did you talk to your post office about all those missing letters? Our government must be running out of money (12 trillion of debt isn't helping). Maybe the post offices aren't staffed like they should be ??? That's my guess anyway. It wasn't like this when I first started doing trades. Now things are missing that should have been there :-(

@ flytraplady5: I haven't forgotten how you helped me get some of those d. rotundifolia :hail:

I think I just killed the seeds, left them out it 100F weather. :p

SDCPs...did my SASE arrive OK? I sent it out somewhat late, because I went on vacation to NY City and completely forgot. Even so, I sent it a good while ago, and I wanted to see if it ever got to you or if it perhaps got lost in the mail.

Thanks =)

SDCPs...did my SASE arrive OK? I sent it out somewhat late, because I went on vacation to NY City and completely forgot. Even so, I sent it a good while ago, and I wanted to see if it ever got to you or if it perhaps got lost in the mail.

Thanks =)

Lost. I think I saw it and sent seeds to you, but I don't remember. I will ship you a pack if you PM me your address.

I think I just killed the seeds, left them out it 100F weather. :p

I have no clue if you did or not. I haven't grow these seeds before :blush: I know they're seed...but I'm not too sure what they can handle. In fact, I have some sowed right now...
Don't give up. Just see if anything happens. Like I said, I'm not an expert with seed and I've killed my share of probably viable seed that I never saw sprout. So far d. spatulata takes the longest for me.

im in!

Round 3

1.skm0308
2.allegedhuman
3.jm82792
4.Flytraplady5
5.NAICH

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

on the topic of these seeds i was planing on putting them in a 50 to 50 ration of lfs and peat...then putting them about 8 inches away from a light....will this work? ANd how long will it take them to sprout?

I just put them lfs because it's simpler for me... the pot is under a fluorescent grow light and sunlight. I'll tell you how it works (the site didn't really recommend lfs, oops!)

Round 3

1.skm0308
2.allegedhuman
3.jm82792
4.Flytraplady5
5.Jafvortex93
6.NAICH

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

@sdcp and no way man he's two. lol. what more can i expect from him if i leave the door open, he's going to get curious.

I think that the best medium to sow these seeds on is probably 50:50 peat/silica sand.

Sent out 3 letters to people that never got seed.

SASE Suspended due to a large volume of mail that is lost by the PO

Hey Ian,
Sounds like you weren't kidding when you said your PO is a bit suspicious...Got the SASE I sent out to you back with the NIXIE message "Return to sender, attempted-not Known, unable to forward"

Seriously, how can they not find one of their own PO boxes? Anyways I was just going to resend to the same address and see if it goes through again. Figured maybe with the info you can see about tracking down what and where the PO's problem is. Looks like from what I can tell from the stampings it made it to at least zip 92159-41611.

I have even had the PO format my address for me. It is not my, and probably not the senders' fault. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but I'm *going broke* sending all these letters to people who have not received their seeds. My local PO has gotten pretty bad lately...at least in getting my mail to me.

I am going to talk with my postmaster again and try to get this problem sorted out, excuse the pun.

Okay well i hope you get mine :)
I didn't have three stamps laying around so I put a $1 bill in the letter,
and it's folded so someone can't see it.

Huh? Three stamps?

It takes 2 stamps to mail the letters...and one stamp goes to me to cover other things.

So IDK but...oh yeah, I was going to throw some alba capensis seed in your envelope. Well, I guess they're not free anymore. Thanks anyway. How did you manage to mail the letter? Had just enough stamps for postage? The PO doesn't like dollar bills taped on the front you know :-))\

I hope I get yours too...or at least that it gets back to you if the PO refuses it. I used to not have a problem with the PO, but something happened recently, and now they loose almost everything or mine!

So, to avoid all the hassle of having people wait, and they don't get anything and I having to send them seeds...I am stopping this rediculum before it becomes even worse...I need to talk to my postmaster :-(.

GOOD NEWS! Received:

Flytraplady5
jafvortex93
alledgedhuman
jm82792
naich

Sent them all out. I complained yesterday... Seems like they're getting their act together--hopefully.

Contemplating when I should, if I should, reopen the "sase". I want to know if people are having any germination first.

Has anybody grown these seeds before? How long do they take to germinate?

No germination as of yet, sowed may 1st.

well i had originally sowed them 4/26 and since the incident it had been about two weeks and they had not germinated yet. so over 2 weeks as far as i can tell along with SIG's post.

Eh, mine are already dead. The rain flushed the seeds off. XD

Received seeds yeaterday they are already sown
Thanx so much for this offering
Lois

Back