What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Chestnuts For Sarrs ??? Or ???

I have an over abundance of Chinese Water Chestnuts that are starting to sprout available for trade

They are perfect for Ponds & Water Gardens & maybe even bogs???

Check out~
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/574201258zmNfpU
For pics

They can be grown in just water / No soil / Although I like to start them in water logged soil
The one in the pics was grown in straight water

The big plant in the pics grew from just one "Nut"
The last 2 pics on the last page are pics of what I have available for trade
Have way more then what is pictured available & WAY MORE Than What I Need
(Pics 4-16-10 & New Starts 4-16-10 on page 2 are what is being offered)

I can pretty much offer you as many as you would like in trade for a nice Sarr or 2 or ???
Very Open to what I Would Trade These For

ANY Highland Neps or grow tip cutting of any would also be more then gratefully accepted in trade if you would you be willing to offer one & I could pretty much send you as many as you would like for one

These were Very Popular on other "Normal" garden sites last year & everyone I traded with was very happy with them & really enjoyed growing them
But people on those forums never seem to have anything interesting to offer in trade
That's why I'm trying here first

Would like to offer 5 to 6+ nuts/sprouts for any nice Sarr you would be willing to offer for them
But like I said "I'm Very Open To Any Offers" on these

I have enough of them that I can offer some for postage
Although I would like to wait & see what I am offered in trade before doing so

Free For Postage ~ Hope it's ok to do it this way on this site ~ These are NOT something that can be sent in a SASE or in a Bubble Envelope they are best shipped Priority Mail as they do need to be kept wet
I can/will send you 4 to 6 nuts/spouts for $6.50 shipping payable via PayPal
NOT selling them / The $6.50 is to cover the price of postage for Priority Mail

Feel free to email me if you have any questions

Thanx
DC
dethcheez@aol.com

WOW! I once tried H2O chestnuts, but I forgot to water them.

I would hesitate to out them in the bog, but potted alone, in a deeeep pot, that looks neat.

I went snooping around in your pictures :blush:.... What's the deal with Water Caltrop? That's neat!

"I went snooping around in your pictures .... What's the deal with Water Caltrop? That's neat!"

They've Got to be the coolest looking Seeds/Nuts I've ever seen

Pretty much like a water chestnut / Tastes more like a regular chestnut when cooked, but sweeter (Toxic Raw)

I think they look cooler when they first sprout

Will have some available around Sept or Aug

DC

Back