Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for a Purple VFT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a Purple VFT!

As stated on my grow list, I'm one of those "collect the rainbow" types, over "collect every single last one of anything".

And while I have a 95% chance of getting anything on my want list any time on my own, I haven't been able to locate a few special VFTs...

"Purple Giant" or "Dark Red Purple King".
    Orange Traps
    Gold Strike
    Long Red Fingers

If you're feeling exceptionally generous, I'll pay for postage, but for trade, I don't have any VFTs. I have a liiiitle Cupped Traps which I don't think would endure the stress of having a leaf pulled.

I have the following to offer. The Sarracenia are relatively small divisions just coming out of dormancy, but hey:
    -S. Catesbaei
    -S. Dana's Delight
    -S. Wrigleyana
    -S. Love Bug
    -P. Moctezume

I also have interesting Sarracenia hybrids that are beginning to sprout from seed:
    -S. Willissi Red x Red Surprise
    -S. Mitchelliana x Flava Coppertop
    -S. Excellens

*crosses my fingers*

It doesn't have to be right now, even. I just want to know that someone on here has any of those plants that I could have someday.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. You want FORTY different vfts? if you ever get them all, you need to take a picture of all of them at once. That would look EPIC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never counted it! 40 specimens is alot! Whewy...hm..I really should go for that ortho degree over a dental hygienist! ;P (the implication there is orthos makes about 100k a year, and hygenists top out at around 30k)
    I'm debating adding Spider to the list, actually. And I wanted a white one until I found out it was a fake.
    But there was a time when I had a typical, red dragon, pink, yellow, and crested petioles all in one pot. It was gorgeous. I don't know why I never took a picture of it- I really should've since a heatwave killed them all a couple summers ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3carnivores View Post
    It doesn't have to be right now, even. I just want to know that someone on here has any of those plants that I could have someday.
    "Long Red Fingers" - they're here. They were being sold by a number of nurseries a few years ago - are they not around anymore? Nice plant but 'Fused-tooth' is still my favorite.

If you're curious what others are growing, I suggest you do some searches - many of the plants on your want list are on people's grow lists....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I see, "Purple Giant" only has purplish traps. You can see the characteristic here: http://www.piantecarnivoreitalia.it/...naea/big/4.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not right..
    I did see a picture of it on some other forum (that was Italian), so unless"Deep Red Purple King" is a synonym for it- the entire plant, traps and leaves and all, are this immense purple black color. That picture there appears to be a Big Mouth, which is called Red Purple, and since that picture is called "big" I would imagine it is infact Big Mouth.

Thank you though n.n'

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3carnivores View Post
    That's not right..
    I did see a picture of it on some other forum (that was Italian), so unless"Deep Red Purple King" is a synonym for it- the entire plant, traps and leaves and all, are this immense purple black color. That picture there appears to be a Big Mouth, which is called Red Purple, and since that picture is called "big" I would imagine it is infact Big Mouth.

Thank you though n.n'
    Nah, BobZ is pretty accurate. From what I see, you just can't call out a big mouth, you have to be sure that it is one.