Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BlackBerry bush SASE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have thousands of blackberry bushes out here in just a mile square area, we cant stop em lol....berries are delicious but god they are annoying, we have raspberries and blackberries everywhere too along with salmon berries, wild strawberries, and red huckleberries since we are in the lower altitudes....

Black raspberries arent near as invasive as blackberries, but they can get out of hand without proper tending...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Man... I don't know if spreading Blackberries around is a good idea. I don't know about Black Raspberries, but Himalayan blackberries are extremely invasive and can potentially turn a native ecosystem into a biologically dead zone in as little as a few years. Seeing some streams over run from blackberries is heart breaking, and hard to imagine what they would have looked liked with a full functioning ecosystem....
    if they are black raspberries like he says they are then they are a native species......native to where he lives even.......himalayan blackberries also get ALOT bigger than he is describing, close to 4 times bigger or more.....red and black raspberries are native to the US, they are also in gardens in every state.....there is nothing wrong with distributing them for gardening purposes....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be posting pictures within a couple hours just have to do school work first...

yes they are pretty invasive but I'm sure with proper care, pruning they can easily be maintained. They came with the property so we didn't plant them so i don't know how long they have been here, at the moment they spread more in clumps, there are huge clumps of blackberry bushes all over the yard, they dont completely take over though, more they stay in there area

be back with pics later
    dustin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all brambles are fairly invasive if left to do their own thing, even where they are native......

BTW blackberries tend to stay put cause they dont spread via underground runners like raspberries.....they spread by the stems arching over and touching the ground and rooting......so even only half watching its pretty easy to keep blackberries in check in your yard......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, little confused now, they do stay in one spot like blackberries, i'm not entirely sure if they spread underground, but they do spread with the arching and touching the ground. So these are still black raspberries right?

here is one of the arching plants id offer cutting for the other stem so i leave all the roots intact

one growing in gravel

then the larger ones all over in the weeds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12