Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sons bog needs new residents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sons bog needs new residents

I started a bog garden for my 4 and 6 yr old sons last year...there was some terrific folks on here that helped us out by donating seeds or plants. I was wondering if anyone had plants or seeds to donate. They have 2 VFT and 2 pitcher plants and their bog stays outside during the winter (we are in NC).

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeds are pretty cheap and so are plants. I would do a trade with you though. No offense but I would never donate to a kid younger than 11 unless they proved they know their stuff. Tell you what PM me and I'll give you some Drosera Adelae Seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSKI View Post
    I started a bog garden for my 4 and 6 yr old sons last year...there was some terrific folks on here that helped us out by donating seeds or plants. I was wondering if anyone had plants or seeds to donate. They have 2 VFT and 2 pitcher plants and their bog stays outside during the winter (we are in NC).
    i dont mean to bring things up, but I remember sending a SASE to you last year because your son needed plants for a bog, where did those go? I remembering it being quite a bit of burmanii seeds. It seems you ask alot for donations....you may want to consider purchasing some from flytrapshop.com

~billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey...i didnt mean to offend anyone by asking for a freebie....We are new to these plants and the kids love them. I planted the seeds you were gracious enough to donate billylh but it looks like they dies off...nothing is coming up. i may just end up buying some seeds but being a single father ...money is hard to come by these days.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an outdoor bog? Aren't burmannii and adelae tropical?
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they are and burmannii are annuals.
    Timmy, have you ever sowed D. adelae seed successfully?

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Griffin View Post
    Timmy, have you ever sowed D. adelae seed successfully?

Joe
    That was what I was thinking as well. Since so many adelae are TC'd that means that most of them are one plant; if not, all. The red flowers don't mix/match with their own genetic material, that means that they must find another plant of different genetics, but since, as I stated, most of the plants in cultivation are made from TC, it is very little chance that you have viable adelae seed.
    I'm 13, close to 11, I have ordered/gotten sases from a lot of people on this forum (ordered from andy, of course), is there something wrong with 11 year olds and their ability to grow plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schloaty View Post
    There have been alot of people posting looking for handouts on seeds, leaves etc. An example would be...."I NEED some cobra lilys!!!" With no mention of what you may have to trade.

The quickest way to end the generosity of the folks on the forum that regularly give away stuff is to make such posts.
    USMCSKI, I didnt mean to make a fuss about, its in the trading rules not to ask for free stuff too much not because its against the rules but because it will earn you that reputation. Yes, the people on here CAN be and USUALLY are extremely generous with plants/seeds. I would suggest you wait for SASEs to become available. It is tough to get anything traded or find SASEs this time of year with the NASC auction going on, but trust me, once the auction ends people wont know what to do with all the seeds they get from their plants, SASEs will become very common once again. Patience is a virtue and I'd hate to see someone get a label or earn that bad rep.

~billy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast