What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Alaskan D.rotundifolia seed

Found another rotundifolia sprout in my red LFS from the bog down the street!! At this rate I'll be able to hook everyone up that doesn't win this little "Are you cool enough.." contest.

Found another rotundifolia sprout in my red LFS from the bog down the street!! At this rate I'll be able to hook everyone up that doesn't win this little "Are you cool enough.." contest.

You are so lucky! Would you happen to live in southeast Michigan? I'm having horrible luck finding bogs... :-(

You are so lucky! Would you happen to live in southeast Michigan? I'm having horrible luck finding bogs... :-(

East Lansing actually.. Capital City and Michigan State University baby!! GO SPARTANS!!! :boogie:

this little "Are you cool enough.." contest.

My feelings exactly... I've given plenty of seeds out to new people that have appreciated it. And what does cold climate have anything to do with it? By that logic those of us that don't live in tropical climate shouldn't get to grow Nepenthes.:crazy: I dont care what anyone says D. rotundifolia is THE beginner's plant, just like capensis, it was for me and many others and germination is cake.
Last I checked SASE was giving away things while others covered postage, not "I'm going to charge you a stamp as compensation for folding paper" which sounds more like a sale... If you're that bent up on folding paper then just ask that people send you pre-made packets. Glad to see it's not just me. But whatever, done ranting, just my 2 cents...

SDCP: Please don't dangle a packet of seeds in front of people and then play with their emotions. That's just not cool. I must agree with Massmorels and FReNcH3z - you're being bratty and immature.

I personally don't see the problem with it... If he wants to give an experienced grower seeds, and is paying shipping, what's wrong with that? o_O

I personally don't see the problem with it... If he wants to give an experienced grower seeds, and is paying shipping, what's wrong with that? o_O

This kind of reply:

You are out. (sorry!) From what I can see, you grow nothing but tropical sundews and this isn't exactly teaching material.

You shouldn't have even posted! :-))

This is FUN! LOL! Don't take it personally guys!

This is also going to be tough!

Not the act of giving away stuff.

Yeah, you guys are right. Count me out.

In response to these:

My feelings exactly... I've given plenty of seeds out to new people that have appreciated it. And what does cold climate have anything to do with it? By that logic those of us that don't live in tropical climate shouldn't get to grow Nepenthes.:crazy: I dont care what anyone says D. rotundifolia is THE beginner's plant, just like capensis, it was for me and many others and germination is cake.
Last I checked SASE was giving away things while others covered postage, not "I'm going to charge you a stamp as compensation for folding paper" which sounds more like a sale... If you're that bent up on folding paper then just ask that people send you pre-made packets. Glad to see it's not just me. But whatever, done ranting, just my 2 cents...

SDCP: Please don't dangle a packet of seeds in front of people and then play with their emotions. That's just not cool. I must agree with Massmorels and FReNcH3z - you're being bratty and immature.

This kind of reply:

Not the act of giving away stuff.

You know what, I'm not going to defend myself. Think what you want. I will say that I am sorry for anyone I have hurt and for trouble I have caused. I have learned a lesson and am not like to forget it.

BUT, I will still be giving this away, and one lesson I have learned is to not make comments (as I was doing) but to just pick the winner. Shucks, these seeds are worth at most around what, like $5-$10? I'm not giving away very much so I shouldn't make a big fuss about it.:nono:

You may notice that I have edited my posts.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I have the pleasure of announcing tonight's winners of the alaskan rotundifolia seed. Yes, I say winners.

SirKristoff and Blokeman, you have won! Congratulations :clap:

The majority of the seeds will go to SirKristoff, and 10+ will go to Blokeman.
Winners: PM now to get your seeds!

Seeds are provided and shipping is paid by our sponsor: SDCPs

Prizes are en route!

Last edited:
received the seeds today :) thanks
those are some oddly shaped seeds for a dew though xD

Yeah, they're long and skinny. They do grow! I have some plants from them.

received the seeds today :) thanks
those are some oddly shaped seeds for a dew though xD

I dont want ist but what is LFSM?
I am waiting for some D. anglica seeds and this LFSM seems to be good for these too. Only 20 seeds so I dont want to waste ist.
Thank you

I dont want ist but what is LFSM?
I am waiting for some D. anglica seeds and this LFSM seems to be good for these too. Only 20 seeds so I dont want to waste ist.
Thank you

It is Long Fiber Sphagnum Moss...which is dead. It looks like this:

Premium-Sphagnum-Moss-600.jpg

Not My Picture!

Back