What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Alaskan D.rotundifolia seed

~CLOSED~

Hello Friends,
I have ~30 seeds laying around all packed up. I want it to go to some use. The seed is from plants that were originally from Bonnie Johnson's family property in Alaska. I have no clue where that is. If he'll tell you where his property is then you have full location data. The seed is from 10/2009 but its been stored in the fridge and it germinates quite readily. The plants are nice. Stratify in damp LFSM before sowing.

This is a limited offer as I only have 1 packet available. I ship it to you. If you win you must PM me your address.

I want to give this seed to an experienced grower that will appreciate it and pass it on when the time comes. Growers that live in a warm climate probably won't get the seeds. If you are a friend or I have traded with you before you may have an unfair advantage. If you feel that you qualify, please post below. I will chose one of the posters to send the seed to.

On May 16th I will chose the winner.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
POST!!!

Post, but NOT an experienced grower!

EDIT: If it's going to be this way where you blow people off of it, I'm out.

Last edited:
No comment

Last edited:
I can grow cooler 'dews.

"Post".

Well i live in Washington - cool climate
i am trying to get some rotundifolia from a cooler climate
im rather experianced
so
No comment

Last edited:
I'm interested. I live in Western NY, where it still snows in May!

You are out. (sorry!) From what I can see, you grow nothing but tropical sundews and this isn't exactly teaching material.

Whatev.. I guess I should update my growlist. I've already got this sp. from a local LFS bog anyways.

MEmemememe! I like in Chicago BEAT THAT! The windy city.

lul and then i realize i typoed experienced in my post XD *facepalm*

I'm quite sure I am eligible for receiving seeds from below the border. No problem with phyto or cites I'm certain.
I am in Canada, so I live in a relatively cold climate, it snowed yesterday :p
I grow rotunds, anglica's, intermedia's, they go dormant by mid november here.
I've been growing and researching cp's for two years now.

I'd only ask for 5-7 seeds.

Oh; so now we want to divide the packet up do we? :0o:

That's a possibility!

Maybe there will be two winners!

I'm quite sure I am eligible for receiving seeds from below the border. No problem with phyto or cites I'm certain.
I am in Canada, so I live in a relatively cold climate, it snowed yesterday :p
I grow rotunds, anglica's, intermedia's, they go dormant by mid november here.
I've been growing and researching cp's for two years now.

I'd only ask for 5-7 seeds.

What IS it with D. rotundfolia/intermedia from cold environments that make it so desirable?

tolerance! one word! lol
some warmer temperate species like capillaris and more southern rotund varieties just dont like my winters ;)

Back