Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to but in but i was where timmy is a month ago so here is what i have and are looking for(not willing to trade for, just listing easy plants)

Andy has them............ventrata, ventricosa.

other easy ones.........truncata, alata, maxima.

all are highlanders(exept for some truncatas) with warm days(70's to the 80's and cool night drops...aim for at least 10 degrees.) and of course have some humitiy.

i have two of these and they are growinf nice. try them out first timmy, that way it can be a 12 dollar mistake instead of an 80 dollar mistake in case they die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "butt in"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easy highlanders? ventricosa and ventrata (atleast the common ventricosa) are tolerant of almost anything you give them really from lowland to highland conditions, so that point isnt really valid, he needs to try actual highlanders, easier ones of course, truncata isnt even TECHNICALLY highland, the "highland" variety is more intermediate....

he needs to try some true highland plants that are easy
    spectabilis, sanguineae, ramispina, fusca, i agree on maxima, and even various highland hybrids....

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marcos, I have no messages but my PM box is full, idk why, but are you in the US?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my windowsill I grow, Nepenthes - spectabilis, ventricosa, sanguinea, truncata highland, and a Nepenthes x 'Kohala'. The only one that has given me trouble is the spectabilis, but it is getting pitchers on it this spring for the first time in the year since I purchased it. I always heard they can be a pain to acclimate and refuse to pitcher for a while. My truncata is growing like crazy. Only plant that didn't cease pitchering over the winter. Every pitcher it sends out seems to be about 1/2" larger than the last.

My recommendations for beginner Neps.

Ventricosa, sanguinea, truncata highland, and any hybrid with highland in it.
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timmy, check your "sent" folder and clear that out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy? Get a highland truncata.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow all my plants in my closet. Hardly that much air circulation until I open it at night, it's dry in there, yet I grow some rather fancy pants plants and hybrids in there. Recently I found out that you can even use hard water on neps to some extent, so I'm pretty much doing everything wrong except giving it good light and my plants are pretty much in tip top shape. If I had a decent windowsill, I'd be working wonders.

My personal favorites that will definitely work for you are Ventricosa x Spectibilis, Veitchii x Chaniana, and definitely my new N. x Red Dragon.

I used to only like species and I used to be kind of a snob about it, but really the hybrids just offer so much flexibility because most hybrids seem to grow faster than their actual parents. As the previous owner of an N. Veitchii, I didn't really have a whole lot of interest in it until I was gifted a Veitchii x Chaniana and that's what started the hybrid craze.

One plant I won't recommend that is widely known as bombproof is N. x Miranda. It's easy to grow, but it really doesn't kick off until it starts getting bigger i.e. it's a little slow for a first time grower. Mine took me a year to really start growing stupid fast (1 leaf every 10 days) and it's honestly getting way too big this year, mine is now getting to be two feet across and the plant itself isn't even six inches tall... I shouldn't have fertilized it this year. It would have probably been too big for a windowsill about six months ago actually from a size 4 plant.

Contact Xantius, he offered me an N. Reinwardtiana and I hear those are one of the top 3 fastest growers and I've really wanted one for a long time and would trade any of my plants for it.

Also avoid ebay like the devil unless it's a certain grower I know on this forum if you're a beginner. They're that cheap for a reason and I've thrown out most of my ebay plants out of frustration.
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12