Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Basic Sarrs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted: Basic Sarrs!

Okay, so I've got that "need new plants" fever.
    I unfortunately don't have much to offer, just S. x Dana's Delight, and a single, 3/4" D. Spathulata 'Pink Flower'. I also have seedlings from various interesting Sarracenia crosses, and small Rutgers (Famous Old Jersey) Tomato plants.

If you don't want to trade for anything I have, and you have a small division that's just taking up space, I'll pay for the shipping. Size isn't an issue. Something 3"+ in height would be great, but as mentioned, I have seedlings, and my Hummer Hammerhead is just over 1" in leaf length, so I can deal with small on the scale.

S. Rubra Wherryi "Orange Flowers"
    S. Purpurea Purpurea
    S. Flava Coppertop
    S. Alata x Minor
    S. Leuco x Flava
    S. x Mardi Gras
    S. x Judith Hindle
    S. x Doodle Bug

I'd also like to obtain S. Oreophila and S. Rubra ssp. Jonesii, apparently both of those can only be bought in Oregon. I just. I never understood why, or how that works. I don't need to be flamed, but I honestly don't see the big deal if bought or not, it was cultivated, and not poached. Tigers are endangered but can be kept as pets, presuming you have a permit, because they're bred in captivity. So if someone grew some from seeds or split a division from one already obtained...then why not? I know there's a few people on here that don't live in Oregon that have S. Oreophila, and I believe I read something about them being able to be given away, so is that a loophole? Or are my dreams of obtaining these plants without moving to Oregon pretty much shot to hell?
    Last edited by lizasaur; 05-23-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could find a nursery in Florida that sells them... oreophila and jonesii that is. You can buy and sell them within the state you live in. At least that is my understanding. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

For the others you may want to check out flytrapshop.com. Many of the ones you listed are available there and for reasonable prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I've never seen CPs beyond VFTs for sale anywhere, with the exception of the Cube of Death plants. I'll have to ask around.

Also, I checked and the only ones instock are Leucophylla and Alata. The rest are fair game. And while the prices are reasonable, $10 each + shipping is kind of beyond my budget. Hence the wanting to trade. I guess I should probably take those out though, right? =(
    Last edited by lizasaur; 05-19-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey i<3carnivores where in florida are you located, if you dont want to give specific city name just south north east west would work just as well. not that it'll help you any but just cuz i live in fort lauderdale so its nice to know others around me. wickmo who rarely gets on but is a pretty cool guy and gives rather good information based on our climate lives around me, never met him but helps to know how he deals with our ridiculously hot and humid weather.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

haha just looked at your grow list, i doubt you need any further info on growing cp's in florida. excuse my assumption that you were new to this (not that im experienced by any means).
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why hello =) I have a friend down there. I'm in Sarasota.

Hey now, don't feel silly =) Even experts need help sometimes, although I am far from an expert, I would like to think of myself as being well-rooted in the hobby as I haven't killed anything in a couple of years. I have my Sarracenia, my Cup Trap VFT, Cobra Lily, Highland and Lowland Neps all doing wonderful!

I love your pic, btw. It makes me a little sad cause I adore sandpipers though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try HERE! He may be able to help in your searching :-) www.FlyTrapShop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To keep a tiger as a pet you need a permit. To ship endangered plants you need a permit. [;
    Not flaming or anything..
    Also yeah, andy sells great plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Liz yea they're pretty cool looking. how is the climate up in sarasota?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast