What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nep cuttings

Hey,
I have an N. ventricosa 'red' that I'm getting ready to take some cuttings off of. I know this isn't exactly a rare plant, but I'm hoping to trade for some lowlanders for my new terrarium or anything that will grow in windowsill conditions. I prefer neps, but may also take interesting sars that aren't on my grow list.

I'm also open to cephs and helis. :-))

I'm happy to even out the trade (2 for 1, covering shipping, throwing in my D. aliciae that has never done well for me, etc.)

adrian

i may have something later...it wwill take a few weeks though, good luck.

Got any pics of a mature pitcher?

Unfortunately, no. It's growing like crazy, but has stopped putting out pitchers. I seem to remember reading that neps do this sometimes when they start vining. But this plant is at work, and I don't want a giant vine, I want pitchers, dammit. It does pitcher easily when it's not vining though, and it's got a couple basals as well. It's acclimated to my windowsill.

If there aren't any takers soon, I'll just chop it up and root the cuttings, then I'll have rooted cuttings to trade.

@naich: just let me know when you're ready - I'll probably have quite a few cuttings to trade.

Back