What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. venustas for trade

I will be dividing this pot up into singles.. Looking for pings, dews, and well started utrics.

100_4444.jpg

Same plant with lots of light..

100_2945.jpg

100_2944.jpg

100_2946.jpg

apparently no one is interested.. all are still available.

beautiful plant, but I have nothing to trade, maybe next time

I'd love to have some more, but I've nothing for you at the moment..

Is the P. medusina on your list a want or a have?? Cause I've been really wanting that one..

Its a have, but it's failing miserably =\

Then I guess we should hurry up and trade huh?!?!?

so it dies in the mail and you get a dead pile of mush? that's not very fair to you!

I'll live.. I've got plenty of venustas to spare. Is it a pile of mush now?

not exactly :p

show me a pic, and I'll hook you up with a few big venustas if it's somewhat salvageable. I've got a couple things going out on Monday anyways, so what's one more package.

DSCF4828.jpg

There it is. I'd hope it's shock, but I doubt it because it's not my first. I just found out they prefer cooler weather with high humidity, so I'll try to rehab it and see if that helps. I really hate the idea of getting it to you and it's beyond hope, ya know?

And I wouldn't need a few. A couple small ones would be fine, and they can go in with the rest of my stuff. No sense in being redundant.

looks like my p. prima did two days after i got it, glad I'm not the only one

the rest of my butterworts are doing well. it's just medusina and i'm evidently not the only one that's had such problems, lol.

It's not dying, it's dormant. The outer leaves all die back and leave a bulb. From D'Amato in Savage Garden: " It is very odd in its having a long dormancy underground as an almost onion-like 'bulb'. It must be kept bone-dry during this rest period." Mine usually stay like this for a month or so and then come back even bigger than before. I would repot it, if the medium isn't going to dry out in a day or two. I have had really good luck growing mine in a violet planter. It keeps it damp but not too wet.

it was much greener when i got it two days ago.

Are you wanting to keep it or trade it?? I completely understand either way since you've only had it a couple days.

i'll be happy to trade it if there's more than half a chance of it getting to you alive =)
although it may be dormant, apparently, i'm not sure. i can send it to you straight out on tuesday, if you want, but if i had my way i'd make sure it was atleast alive before giving it to you.

It looks good to me. I just wanted to make sure it was still green, or at least dormant. I've gotten pings that looked worse, and you should see em' now!! If it doesn't arrive alive, then oh well. I'm not worried about it.. I can ship your venustas and ceph leaves on Tuesday. I'm not getting my hopes up that our californicas will be in in time to ship that same day. I'll PM you my address. I still have yours on deck Ms. Sarasota.

Back