What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want: Tuberous sundews

Looking for tuberous sundews of all kinds..

If you have some to trade, hit me up. I'm sure we can work something out.

Lemme just warn you, tubers aren't hard but they are a huge hassle. Why do you want them?

Cause they are the shizzle.. Why wouldn't I want them? :scratch:

Just saying, I don't really know why someone would just, want one. If it was a specific one, I'd be like, "Oh, I see where you're aiming," but your post was pretty general.

I'm not sure of the rarity of them.. But so far I've seen pics of:
Drosera rosulata "giant"
Drosera erythorhiza
Drosera tubaestylis
Drosera whittakerii "giant"

..and want them all!!

Just saying, I don't really know why someone would just, want one. If it was a specific one, I'd be like, "Oh, I see where you're aiming," but your post was pretty general.

I'd want one to fry up when my hobby goes downhill. They're supposed to taste delicious! :-))

Silenceisgod,

Your on my ignore list, so there's no point in posting in my threads. And I'd appreciate it if you refrained from doing so in the future. Also, your post has nothing to do with my thread.. so quit wasting my time.

Still looking..

I think there was one on ebay the other day look up nepenthes. not sure if its still there.. ???

It seems to me a little patience is in order, especially when posting a lot of "WANTS" that you need.

Tuberous Drosesra do not travel well except as tubers. Mine haven't begun to die back yet for the summer, which is probably the case with other growers also. Even then it takes several weeks for the tubers to form completely.

But if you need them now, I'm sure someone would ship you plants that will die on you from shipping disturbance or incompletely formed tubers that won't survive through dormancy. Don't look at me though.

It seems to me a little patience is in order, especially when posting a lot of "WANTS" that you need.

Tuberous Drosesra do not travel well except as tubers. Mine haven't begun to die back yet for the summer, which is probably the case with other growers also. Even then it takes several weeks for the tubers to form completely.

But if you need them now, I'm sure someone would ship you plants that will die on you from shipping disturbance or incompletely formed tubers that won't survive through dormancy. Don't look at me though.

My apologies for the "bump". I'm still used to the tarantula forums where you see 100's of 'For Sale' posts a day, and daily bumps are necessary.
But since your dogging on me about my lack of patience, I may as well dish it back a little. Instead of bringing all of this up just to say you are unable to help out in my endeavor, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to tell me about the shipping habits of tuberous dews in a PM? This isn't a discussion thread..

Rein it in boys and girls. This thread has already been moderated once and the snarky behavior is getting seriously old.

My apologies for the "bump". I'm still used to the tarantula forums where you see 100's of 'For Sale' posts a day, and daily bumps are necessary.
But since your dogging on me about my lack of patience, I may as well dish it back a little. Instead of bringing all of this up just to say you are unable to help out in my endeavor, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to tell me about the shipping habits of tuberous dews in a PM? This isn't a discussion thread..

It may not be a discussion thread, but the information about shipping habits of tubers may be of some interest for the general population; especially as members search the trading forum to see if anyone has offered/accepted a similar type trade.

xvart.

Back