Thread: Nepenthes Give Away

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes Give Away

Hello all,

I haven't been around here as much as I was in college. The working world isn't all its cracked up to be. Anyhow, back in '08 I received some seeds from somebody (probably Tropics?) They are N. Splendiana x (Rokko x Stenophylla), and were germinated in October of 2008. Seeds being the way they are, grow into bigger plants, and thus take up precious space. Since I have no need for a million of the same plant, I have decided to give away two of them. (I don't literally have a million.) I am retaining two to grow out a bit, and then I'll narrow it down to one (distant future.) Also, I will be giving away my Nepenthes x "Judith Finn." The Judith Finn is about 7-8 inches in diameter, as is one of the complex hybrids. The third plant is about 6 inches. All three are well cared for, in healthy condition, but lacking photos (camera's broke.) All I will ask is $5 to cover the priority flat rate box.

Here's how the give away will work. I will accept submissions here in this post until 7:00 PM EST Monday July 19, 2010. All you need to do is tell me what your favorite book is and why. If you just so happen to pick the book I have on my desk right now, you'll get your pick of the three. Otherwise I'll decide, and only one submission per person. I will also take growlists and post count into consideration. US only please, and I will only accept PayPal for the shipping costs.

Good luck!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite book is James Harriot's All Creatures Great and Small.
    He makes me want to be a vet. I almost tried to get into vet school because of this book (and the others in the series). His characters and situations are so REAL, you feel like you are there with him as he does his rounds in the Yorkshire Dales.
    Great reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only ONE favorite book? Shoot, that's a toughie! There are three that I will read again, and again, and again..... Neil Gaiman's "Stardust" and "The Books of Magic", and "The Unlikely Voyage of Jack De Crow" by A J Mackinnon.

But my number one, all-time favorite, that's so beat-up and worn from use that it needs replacing soon? Don't laugh: The "Savage Garden", by none other than Peter D'Amato. THAT is my answer.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a single favorite book, but a series, which is dubbed "The Uglies Trilogy", and is written by Scott Westerfeld.
    While it may be found in the "Young Adults" section, I found it to be very well-written and laden with all kinds of subliminal messages. It was a time of a new era- we, in this day, were called "The Rusties" because we so thoughtlessly damaged the wild and wasted valuable resources, we were also considered primitive for even consuming meat at all and our financial system. However, throughout the series, it went full-circle in this new society: praising this "flawless" system, striving to overturn it, and ultimately realizing why any social structure is needed in the first place. It sent a message of a need for conservation and preservation, economy and values (there is no perfect solution), and provided an understanding of authority's purpose.
    It's my favorite because it sucked you in and could relate to both younger kids and adults- the messages it sent were clear to all ages.
    Last edited by lizasaur; 07-15-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old man and the sea I love to fish and the entire book is about a man's struggle with a fish going back to his life and the boy It also has many religious ties which i find interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm going to put my plug in for the Bible as my favorite book. It claims to have the salvation for all of mankind's direst problems and charts the history of the World from beginning to end. And besides, it has been the most influential book in the Western world for the past 2000 years.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Savage Garden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything Dean Koontz.. I can't pick a single favorite.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast