What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free to experienced grower: Sarracenia x catesbaei: Montana x rubicorpora

I have a few packets of seeds from what I think might be an interesting cross: S. flava var. rubricorpora x S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana. The parents look like this:

bog07-6-7-2008.jpg

apr2010-rubricorpora002.jpg

As I am pretty curious to see the results of the cross, I'd like to request that only serious growers ask for seeds. I reserve the right to determine who gets them regardless of how you contact me or when you replied to the thread.

If interested in growing these, let me know.

Those would be amazing!!!
I haven't succesfully stratified yet, so count me out. Just wanted to add my opinion. I assume you will be adding pictures when the plants are seedlings?

Crosses

Hello!
I would definitely be interested, :-O
however I will gladly recommend Yann (French3z) over me,
as he has been working excessively with Sarrs recently, and would likely be interested.

Besides which, if he is, I could likely get one of the seedlings from him if I play my cards right! :hail:

Certainly interested. I already have a S. x cataesbei, but I think this cross might show it up a bit!

I'm interested.

Also interested. I don't have a ton of sarrs, but the ones I've grown from seed are actually my best looking ones.

That sounds like a very promising cross Brokken. Are you flowers mature already? Lucky you if they are.
If I am eligible I would be very interested in this cross however there are also many other qualified growers. I'll cross my fingers :)

Thanks for the kind words Paul. If lucky enough to receive some of these I'll distribute them out to other growers as they mature, including you ;)

i'm interested even though i don't have much sarracenia history i have about 20 flava seedings about 2 years old grown purely from seed

I'm interested also, I've had luck this year with stratification ,and germinating sarrs, and have several of adendarn's open polinated sarrs. growing nicely.:grin:
Though I'm not sure I've got much you would want, just checkout my grow list , if you like .
Thanks for the consideration at any rate, I'm sure it will be hard to let go of your babies.:grin:

I'll toss my name into the hat as well. Been having great luck with all my sarrs. Especially since I built the new bog garden to put them all in. They would be able to stratify naturally (lucky me, I live in NC!) As long as I keep stuff in pots bigger than 3-4" over winter I can't go wrong, learned the hard way with some venus flytraps.

we have perfect climate here in oz all year round.i grow all my varieties outdoors all year with the plants going dormant for a good period without having to move or touch them.would be appreciated if i could have a shot at some seed thanks

I am so interested ... I have successfully grown S. oreophila (to flowering size) , S. rubra ssp. jonesii, S. purpurea hetrophyllia and innumerable hybrids all from seed ... I would love to give this one a go.

Oh yeah .. did I mention I am a girl :)

i'd be happy to take a few off your hands, if you so decide.

Oh yeah .. did I mention I am a girl :)

LOL! We don't think of you as a girl...

:drool::drool:would be keen to try some here in aus.we have the perfect outdoor growing weather here.i grow many sarras and all spend their time outdoors all year round.we have cool winters so the plants get enough dormancy as required.nearly all my sarras are seed grown.it would be good to give some of your intersting seed a go down under.cheers

Sign me up! I've grown S. rubra and Darlingtonia from seed to flowering-size, and have some of my own crosses that aren't quite that far along yet. I've been meaning to experiment with the artificial lighting method for seedlings, so something squat like a catesbaei would be perfect. Thanks for the offer!
~Joe

I'm also interested. I had successfully grown 5 pots of hybrid.

I'm interested. Currently growing some hybrid seedlings (from seeds) for close to 9 months. I would like to try some

Am i too late to throw my name in the hat?

still waiting for answer

Back