What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent out a couple things yesterday,

one of them was James H's envelope. Sorry for the delay, friend :blush:

Received Schloaty's request, will be sending it out tomorrow.

You're welcome all, I'm glad you got your seeds and I hope the packing was of sufficient quality. Also, I hope your seeds sprout quickly for you :)

This has slowed down way too much. I know there are quite a few people on here who don't have at least 3 varieties of the seed I'm offering.

Do people think I'm broke for some reason? (out of seed) I assure you, it's going to take quite a few more SASEs to run me out of seed.

And if you want to trade for bulk seed, (such as cover a bog with d. indica, which would be absolutely SPECTACULAR if you have acceptable conditions) send me a PM.

Cheers! :clap:

Got my seeds today and will be planting them tomorrow, thanks so much.

Received Magnolia's SASE!!!

Sending it out tomorrow.

If I may:
Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........0
D. filiformis "FL RD" ...0
D. venusta ..............2
D. capensis ..............0
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......1

Total: .....................3

Thanks SO much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your kind offer!! I'd love to try them!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........2
D. filiformis "FL RD" ...1
D. venusta ..............1
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......0

Total: .....................4

You two are welcome!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........0
D. filiformis "FL RD" ...0
D. venusta ..............2

Total: .....................2

Thank You so much! I've been wanting to try these.

GREAT JOB TF! You ran me flat out of:

D. capensis
D. capensis 'Albino'

and almost out of:

D. indica "pale pink flower"
D. venusta

JUST KIDDING :-D

But I did run out of pre-made packets of those. So, it being rainy and I having a little free time, I made up 150 packets to even the score and make sure I have seeds to give away :0o:
Lets see, I made:

30 D. venusta
31 D. capensis
25 D. capensis 'Albino'
64 D. indica "pale pink flower"

Total estimated seeds used: 30*100, 31*150, 25*150, 64*150....or 3000+4650+3750+9600 ~ 21,000 seeds I would say probably closer to 25,000.

Oooooooooooh. It feels good to relax right now!

Just wanted to let you all know that I've still got seed, I'm still motivated, and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Has anybody germinated their seed successfully thus far? If so, I'd really like to see some pics and hear about your success! :)

Or are most of you saving your seed until spring?

Right now, seeds that I harvested in mid summer are sprouting: D. indica and D. filiformis.

Not many of them, but a few. I'm sure the numbers will increase. I can't prevent seeds sprouting in the parents' pots.

I have one germinated D. indica and a few D. filiformis "all red".

The D. filiformis seeds will be coming out of stratification on Monday, so in a few weeks I should have some seedlings.

I have one germinated D. indica and a few D. filiformis "all red".

YAHOOOO! BTW: It's "Florida Red" not all red...at least the seeds I sent you were that.

I'm glad you're getting the D. indica! You'll love the plant, if you didn't already :)

The D. filiformis seeds will be coming out of stratification on Monday, so in a few weeks I should have some seedlings.

I'm sure you will!

I received Presto's SASE+

I'll be sending it out on Monday!

Happy growing!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........1

Total: .....................3

Last time I tried Venusta nothing grew. Hoping to have better results this time.
Thanks so much!

Presto: sending of your letter delayed until tomorrow. Sorry :blush:

Last time I tried D. venusta nothing grew. Hoping to have better results this time.
Thanks so much!

Some others reportedly got it to grow. However, it people find the seed isn't highly viable (even though it is from many plants at different times this year) I will discontinue it and replace it with something else.

I think that cuttings are a better way to obtain the plants, but CPplantaholic's site said the seed was easy to germinate, and what I have seems like good seed...it might be slow also? I grew D. aliciae from seed and it's taken a while to get big. Still only half size after almost a year.

Some others reportedly got it to grow. However, it people find the seed isn't highly viable (even though it is from many plants at different times this year) I will discontinue it and replace it with something else.

I think that cuttings are a better way to obtain the plants, but CPplantaholic's site said the seed was easy to germinate, and what I have seems like good seed...it might be slow also? I grew D. aliciae from seed and it's taken a while to get big. Still only half size after almost a year.

I have a feeling it was entirely my fault. I kept it too humid and had a mold problem two weeks after planting. I treated the pot with Neem oil, but then nothing grew. I'm guessing the seeds succumbed to the mold or perhaps they rotted. It's also possible that maybe they're still OK and just slow to germinate. ???

I'm going to keep the soil a little more aerated and keep a close eye on them until they germinate. I really love the way D. venusta looks, so I want to get it right this time. I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll be sure to stick my SASE in the mail tomorrow.

SDCPs - this is awesome!

D. indica "PPF" .........1
D. capensis ..............1
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......1

Total: .....................5

I'll have the works!!!

Which is entirely the intent of this SASE!

I received Taargus's SASE yesterday and sent it today.

D. indica and D. filiformis sprouts EVERYWHERE!! Thanks again for the wonderful seeds.. again.

Back