What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I received Zabes64's SASE Friday. I will send it after Christmas.

Four months?! HOW did they grow up so quickly? I sprouted some typical D. capensis from seed in like April and they're only now about the size of a nickel. Light and food I guess?

LOl! They didn't grow in 4 months silly! Reread that post ;). It's taken close to a year I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh!! Ha, i misread "a few months" and "four inch pot" as "four months." Oops. But anyway, at the rate my seedlings are growing, they'll be nowhere near that size even after almost a year. So i suppose my question still stands in a somewhat diminished form :)

Oh!! Ha, i misread "a few months" and "four inch pot" as "four months." Oops. But anyway, at the rate my seedlings are growing, they'll be nowhere near that size even after almost a year. So i suppose my question still stands in a somewhat diminished form :)

Yes. feed them a little. They are slow-growing at first, then they start to grow rapidly. So, with feeding, light, and good conditions, they will grow to a nice size in around a year.

Thanks! Of course, as i mentioned, these seeds i'm referring to are from a plant i already owned; not seeds that you sent me. I have much higher expectations of your seeds, as the seeds and plants I've gotten from you thus far have a proven track record of kicking *** and taking no prisoners :)

I ended up sending zabes64's SASE out today!

Also, received one from James H. yesturday.

James Hall's SASE is on the way!

You guys have done a good job of snapping up lots of seed :-D

I wanted to let everybody know that I still have enough seed to handel several more SASEs. I would have still more, but that went to the ICPS seedbank...which is another matter entirely.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Yahoooooo, I have a new greenhouse to get them started in.

If you still have those seeds I would enjoy some:

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........1
D. filiformis "FL RD" ...1
D. venusta .............1
D. capensis ..............0
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......0

Total: .....................3

Got mine on the 28th, thanks so much!

I've got lord pyro's SASE. Thanks for the letter! No one else has sent such a nice note to accompany the SASE ;)

Hi, Ian, seems your PM box is full and does not receive PMs any more.

Hi, Ian, seems your PM box is full and does not receive PMs any more.

Hmmm. Not ATM. I have 65 out of 75. It does fill up fast though!

Try again please, or contact me via email.

Got my seeds last week, thank you very much. They are heading for pots this afternoon and then it is just the long wait for them to come up. Thank you again.

I sowed some of each batch of seed on 18 Dec 2010.

A few days ago I checked them and some had begun to germinate. Last night I checked carefully and observed good germination with:

Drosera binata - good germination
D. indica "PPF" - good germination
D. venusta - good germination
D. capensis - good germination
D. capensis ‘Albino’ - good germination

The only one still not beginning to germinate:

D. filiformis "FL RD" - No germination, yet.

seeds

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........1
D. filiformis "FL RD" ....1
D. venusta ..............1
D. capensis ..............1
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......1

Total: .....................5

if you have any left i would love some :)
thank you!

I sowed some of each batch of seed on 18 Dec 2010.

A few days ago I checked them and some had begun to germinate. Last night I checked carefully and observed good germination with:

Drosera binata - good germination
D. indica "PPF" - good germination
D. venusta - good germination
D. capensis - good germination
D. capensis ‘Albino’ - good germination

The only one still not beginning to germinate:

D. filiformis "FL RD" - No germination, yet.

Great job! I thought my seed was viable :-O

The D. filiformis might just be taking its time. IDK.

if you have any left i would love some :)
thank you!

You are certainly welcome to it! I still have seed from every variety...its going fast though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back