What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super 5-Variety Unlimited SASE+ (USA Only)

Thank you very much for participating! This offer is now closed (1/25/2011), only posters replying before this edit will get seed. No, we did't make it till spring, but came awefully close and helped a bunch of people in the process. If you want to post about progress of your seeds, or ask questions, feel free to do so! I would definately appreciate watching your plants grow up. Till next time!

-SDCPs

INTRODUCTION:

Hello Friends!

I tingle with excitement as this great SASE is launched. To my knowledge, it’s is a first. Every SASE I have seen has a limit…a list of numbers, or slots, where you can put your name. This SASE is unlimited, so no list is needed. The absence of a list also allows me to offer several varieties in one thread, which allows members to get several seed varieties at one time in one SASE. If I run low on any variety, I will discontinue it from the SASE. With this method, I’ll have enough seed to fill every SASE that comes in seamlessly and efficiently.

Right now seeds are sitting here and waiting to be taken. If you want them, come and get them!

I plan to let this run until spring…and I think I have enough seed to do it. I challenge the members of this forum to make me run out :-D

I prefer trades for any of the seed on here and for varieties not listed. If you want to trade, please PM me :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This is not a normal SASE. First, there is no list. Second, you can get several varieties at once. Third, each lot of seed “costs” a $.44 postage stamp (or a liberty bell “forever” stamp). Fourth, you need to include a slip of paper with some information on it. Fifth, it has some additional benefits over a traditional SASE. So, please read all the information on this first post before sending your Unlimited SASE+.

SEED VARIETIES AVAILABLE FOR SASE+:

D. indica "Pale Pink Flower"--This is the strongest sundew I have ever seen. It catches houseflies with EASE. It likes it hot and takes drier conditions than most Cps. Perfect for growing with venus flytraps. Everybody should try it! See pictures and read up on it here.
D. filiformis "Florida Red" --is more heat tolerant than others and gets much redder. From a small site in northern Florida. Picture
D. venusta--A very nice rosetted sundew. Seedlings are slow-growing. From Africa. Picture
D. capensis--A very nice sundew from Africa. This is a superb beginner’s plant. Seed is easy to grow. Picture
D. capensis 'Albino'--Same as above only tentacles are clear and not red. A ghastly look. Picture

Each lot of seed contains 50-100+ seeds in one pack except for the D. capensis. Both are beginners plants, therefore two packets are given per lot. (D. capensis lots contain 200+ seeds)

You can get a maximum of 6 lots per SASE due to space limitations when shipping the seed.

WHAT TO COPY AND POST IF YOU WANT SEED:

Below is an example of what I would want if I was participating (but that wouldn't make sense now would it?). Just change the numbers around:

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........2
D. filiformis "FL RD" ...1--------------------------------- No more currently. You can still request it but your SASE may be delayed by a month or two.-1/2011
D. natalensis/dielsiana 0------My choice, currrent substitute for "FL Red". You can't get both this and "FL Red"
D. venusta ..............0
D. capensis ..............0
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ...0

Total: .....................3
After you post your customized list, PM me for my address!

SENDING THE SASE:

Sending this SASE is different to a normal SASE in two ways:

1. For each lot of seed you want, you must include an extra stamp. In the example above I would have to use 5 stamps for the SASE (2 for shipping, 3 for the seed). The extra stamps are to be placed in the 2nd envelope (the one addressed to you).
2. You must include a slip of paper stating your Forum Screename, the types of seed you want, how many seeds of each type you want, and your address. This allows me to pack your SASE correctly and automatically makes you eligible for the Warranty--shhh…that is one of the special features of this SASE!

Here are some step by step instructions for packing your SASE:

1. Obtain 2 envelopes. Address one to me (PM me for my address), and the other to you.
2. Place postage on both envelopes (one stamp for each).
3. Fit the second envelope inside the first one. Make sure the envelope addressed to you is inside the one addressed to me. You may have to fold the second envelope on the edges to make it fit.
4. Place the extra stamps and the paper slip inside the second envelope.
5. Seal the SASE and send it to me!

WARRANTY DETAILS AND EXTRA STAMP EXPLANATION:

The extra stamp(s) that you include (one for each lot of seed) do several things. First, they cover the cost of packing materials, what I wrap your seeds in. Secondly, they provide a Warranty! Thirdly, I am able to use them for trades and giveaways. And finally, they keep me motivated (explain that one) and ready to serve you!

The Warranty covers seed shipments that are lost in transit to you. However, it doesn’t cover seed shipments that are lost in transit to me. There are several reasons for this, but I won't expound on them right now. The slip of paper you include becomes your lifeline if you don’t get your SASE (so include it!). I will store all the slips on a metal ring, find your slip, pack your envelope, and send it to you ASAP in case your SASE is lost in on the journey home. This will be done for free, the extra stamps compensating for it. You won’t need to send anything but a short PM. However, if I don’t have your slip, then you won’t be eligible for a free shipment of seed because your envelope never got to me in the first place. Please do remember than many envelopes are slow to arrive. That is one problem with a SASE

HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM (I really don‘t want to sound like an insurance company ;)):

If you don’t get your SASE in a month, PM me and I’ll resend your seeds as described above.
CHEERS! :boogie:

As of 9/30/2010:

This has been going very well. I have not run out of seed, and have done several private giveaways and trades with the extra postage!

As of 10/10/10 (a special date):

I will reaffirm that I have seed to last until spring. Don't hesitate to get some.

10/26/10-Posted text at top of post. Still have seed!

Last edited:
Seed_________# of Lots

D. filiformis "FL RD" ...1
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......0

Your example just happened to be exactly what I want.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Seed_________# of Lots

D. venusta ..............1

Total: .....................4

May I say greatest SASE+ ever!

Awesome SASE going on SDCPs, though I hope you put a little more protection on the seeds. I sadly always get squished seed and low germination rates when you pack them lightly. Just a tip.
Thanks for accepting my SASE though! That means I won't be in this one. :p

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........1

Thank you SO much!!!!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. filiformis "FL RD" ...0

Total: .....................1

Seed_________# of Lots

Seed_________# of Lots

D. filiformis "FL RD" ....1

AHH! I love sundews! Thank you!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. capensis ..............1

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

awsome!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. filiformis "FL RD" ....3
D. venusta ..............2

Total: .....................6

Seed_________# of Lots

Awesome offer! Thank you for your generosity!

Seed_________# of Lots

Happy growing;
Victoria

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" .........0

Thank you!

Seed_________# of Lots

Total: .....................2

Thanks a bunch!!!

Seed_________# of Lots

Incredible, thanks SD.

Seed_________# of Lots

Awesome. Sounds like a lot of work though!

Seed_________# of Lots

Defintely original...thanks so much!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. filiformis "FL RD" ...2

Thanks!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" ..........1

Thank you, good luck on packing all the seed for this awesome giveaway.

Hello guys,

I seriously had no idea that I would get so many responses at once. However, I'm up for the challenge. Yay!

YES! This is a ton of work, as some of you have hinted at, but it's worth it. I can't let all this seed go to waste can I?

All I ask is that you carefully address the envelope to me. Print in your neatest handwriting (or print the address). Tell the PO that you mean business, because things can get lost on the way to my box. I'm going to have to check the box every day and do my part. I have no concern about packing the seeds etc. I'm ready...but I pray to God that I'll have reliable postal service!!!

Awesome SASE going on SDCPs, though I hope you put a little more protection on the seeds. I sadly always get squished seed and low germination rates when you pack them lightly. Just a tip.
Thanks for accepting my SASE though! That means I won't be in this one. :p

I'm sorry. I'll make the packing heavier :) Thank you for the feedback!

Back