What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

amorphophallus konjac available

hey everyone, my konjacs went into dormancy early this year so i have quite a few small corms for trade.

I'm mainly looking for nepenthes and can trade multiple or larger corms for some nepenthes. Also looking for other amorphophallus, alocasia, colocasia, and maybe even some cacti/succulents

they range in dime, nickel, quarter, golf ball, and i only have one i guess tennis ball and one softball sized corm, though i'm not sure if i want to trade those because im trying to get one to flower for me :p

let me know if your interested

i also have some small alocasia hilo beauty starts that randomly popped up in the pot if your interested i have about 3-4 of those.

thanks

Last edited:
what is this , any pics , is this a cp

It's a type of VooDoo Lily

PM sent!

A. Konjac is one kind of a group of plants commonly called "Voodoo Lily". Not carnivorous but still neat in that they will send up a flower spike without being potted. Hence the voodoo. The flowers also smell like dead things though....

lol yours are already dormant? mine is just starting to grow o_O and its been outside all year.....errr......ok lol

yeah we are having a crazy temps, already headed into fall temps here, we started our summer temps in like early may so i guess were going into an early fall. i plant mine in the spring, and usually wait for the top growth to die off before i dig them up. I was actually surprised too.

Mine are quickly heading into dormancy as well.

I can't believe yours are just coming up Sir Kristoff! They will only be able to survive outside for another month or two?

Maybe your gona have to bring them inside, i can't do that though i don't have enough room, i do hope to bring in some a. titanums soon :D trying to get some seeds as i heard they can germinate at almost 100% when they are fresh.

pm'd you back irontom

yeah thankfully mine is small and in a pot, so i can bring it inside...im not sure why it took so long for it to start to grow..haha

So everyone's having weird weather

This has been one of the coolest summers in SoCal that I can remember
I don't think we've had a day over the mid 80s so far / Not that I'm complaining / LOL
&
It's been getting almost cold at night

My HL Neps are loving it
But it seems to be affect my VooDoo Lilies

My Konjac's doing good
Just repotted it in to a 5gal / It's a little over 3ft tall

But my S. Venosum are growing slow & aren't getting as big or making as many stalks as they have in the past although I did have 3 of them flower this year

I have a few small corms left over from last season that are just starting to come up
&
They were all up & growing by July last year

yeah thankfully mine is small and in a pot, so i can bring it inside...im not sure why it took so long for it to start to grow..haha

You ain't the only one. I have several that still refuse to come up this year, they just want to stay dormant. My bulbs are dumb.

yeah last season we got low temps like your saying dethcheez, though this year was horrible so hot out and it started early. though yesturday it went from like 90 to 60 at night maybe even a few degrees cooler, so im getting all my plants in asap, surprisingly everything seems ok but they do like inside conditions a little more. what i was pretty surprised about was my rajahs really didn't like that temp, and i thought they were ultra highlanders so they are already inside.

haha well what i do with mine is plant them in late winter, with moist soil, so that they eventually pop up in spring summer months, i don't usually wait for them to get a growth spike, especially with the smaller ones, usually the larger corms will get a spike so you know there ready to be planted.

It's 68 & drizzling today

Just checked the weather & the highs for the week are 67 to 71
Definitely NOT normal August weather for SoCal
We should be in the 80s or 90s

Back