*** Closed ***
Thanks for the interest. The 'chosen ones' have PM'd me their addresses and seeds to be mailed Tuesday AM.
Last year I took a number of Sarr flower stalks and placed them off to the side & forgot about them (most had undeveloped seed pods). Today I went to throw them out and noticed that one of them might have some seeds. Sure enough - I found about 90 seeds. The seeds are a cross - my codes 46B (S. flava var cuprea) X 46 (S. flava var cuprea or atropurpurea) - pics below. I will split the seeds in half (about 45 seeds) and send out 1 packet to two different people.
Conditions / stipulations:
- recipients of seed must provide status updates / pics starting at ~6 months and at least annually until plants are mature (as long as seeds germinate). If seeds do not germinate within 6 months - please share that info in this thread.
- if more than 10 seeds germinate & survive, at least one plant should be given away in a public forum.
- the seeds were sitting out at room temperature for about 11 months and may not be viable.
- this is not 1st come / 1st served - I will choose two people out of the people who express an interest - probably stay open at least through Sat
- this is open to anyone residing in a country where I can legally ship seed.
- I will contact the 'chosen ones' via PM & request their snail mail address (probably on Sun)
- if you are interested, please respond in this thread - 1st person should start a numbered list...
Code 46B - S. flava var cuprea, Horry County, SC
Code 46 - S. flava var cuprea (coppertop w/ huge deep red lid) [Kimber 'Red Ruffles]
Add'l pics of each in my growlist...