What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pawpaw Seeds Asimina triloba SASE

My first SASE:-D
As a newb I don't have much in the way of CP's to offer. I do have some Pawpaw seeds available however. The seeds are pretty big, kinda like a penny sized bean. So some extra postage would probably be a good idea. The seeds are free but if anybody wants to throw in some spare seed that would be cool.

I'd be happy to send you a plant in exchange...
Could you possibly put up a growlist so I can see if I can offer you anything?

You didn't mention it so I will bring it up just in case... I hope you have them stored properly.

The seeds must be placed in cold (nonfrozen) storage in moist medium to stratify upon removing from the fruit. If they dry out at any point before planting they will become nonviable.

Very handy pdf on handling/sowing pawpaw seeds http://www.ohiopawpaw.com/Seeds.pdf

i<3carnivores I just created a grow list. Wow I just kinda jumped around looking at other folks lists. I really am a newb!

Tony Right now I have 15 seeds in a wet paper towel in the fridge. But I have a bunch of nasty bruised fruit that I can use a colander and a garden hose to pull more seeds from.

Let me know how many seeds you want.

I've already PM'd you :)

I have tried growing some grafted ones but I think I am a bit too cold here. The past couple Springs have been particularly difficult with early warm spells breaking the tree buds followed by a very late hard frost killing them back ;< I may be tempted to try some from seed.. I dunno.

Oh, I'd love too, I assume care isn't easy, though?
EDIT: Nevermind, I don't think I have room to stratify things.

Back