Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Giveaway Time Again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    i would like to try a shot at the Utricularia endressii please.
    EDIT
    well, if explaining myself results in increasing my chances, i'm going to go for it!

i would love a shot at U. endressii because it is one of those subtle beauties found in the Orchidioides complex. in the past, i've been a receiver of kindness as well as a giver. Unfortunately, many of the Orchidioides complex are rather rare and hard to find. I would like to help change that, in combining efforts with people such as yourself to give away such wonderful plants. of the Orchidioides complex, i currently grow quelchii (just received a bonafide plug of the real deal), humboldtii, nephrophylla, and a few others. media mix varies from plant to plant...some are mounted on corkbark, while others are in sphag slurries. all are grown in highland conditions, right next to the ultrasonic fogger.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the ones on corkbark doing? I've never actually tried something that dry before.

Yea even the "common" ones can be hard to get, I'm still half looking for a U. alpina.

Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    EDIT
    well, if explaining myself results in increasing my chances, i'm going to go for it!

i would love a shot at U. endressii because it is one of those subtle beauties found in the Orchidioides complex. in the past, i've been a receiver of kindness as well as a giver. Unfortunately, many of the Orchidioides complex are rather rare and hard to find. I would like to help change that, in combining efforts with people such as yourself to give away such wonderful plants. of the Orchidioides complex, i currently grow quelchii (just received a bonafide plug of the real deal), humboldtii, nephrophylla, and a few others. media mix varies from plant to plant...some are mounted on corkbark, while others are in sphag slurries. all are grown in highland conditions, right next to the ultrasonic fogger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    corkbark is used for the ones that are strict lithophytes. i use a different kind of moss for it as well, it resembles more along the lines of java moss, or peacock moss as sphagnum holds too much water. so far the plant is doing well.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    How are the ones on corkbark doing? I've never actually tried something that dry before.

Yea even the "common" ones can be hard to get, I'm still half looking for a U. alpina.
    Just bite the bullet and get them from overseas in the EU - you'll have to pay for phyto and shipping, but at least there isn't cites to deal with like there is for neps!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sending out a few PMs a day to get things sorted out, if the plant is not grayed out on the first post there is still some up for grabs. I still have 5-7 people to contact, I just have to take things slow and make sure I don't over commit myself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generousity appreciated RSS.. I know there were a few of us that threw out some stuff here and there to assist in the giveaway theme. Good plants, good fun, good times!

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven;t given all away yet Genlisea violacea 'Giant'-I am most interested in this.
    Utricularia nelumbifolia seedling - very tiny just have too many
    Utricularia nephrophylla - white flower
    Utricularia tricolor - yep
    #2Utricularia endressii - small fresh division
    #1Genlisea violacea 'Giant'-
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back to the point where I need to send more plants out before I can send more PMs out. So if you have not heard from me there is still a chance. I'll gray out the plant when I don't have any more to send out.

So far 4 Boxes have went out.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast