What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for hardy highland neps,

I don't have many neps. So I'm looking for a few more!

I'd like things like N. maxima with black speckled lower pitchers, n. sang "red" n. khansi..

Whatever is pretty strong but beautiful.

Please PM me if you have something, and include a generalization of what you'd like in return.

Thanks!

You may want to say what you're offering, most people are looking for specific plants, not general groups..

I can take a cutting from my sanguinea "Blood red".....if you are interested, PM me and make ME an offer..... ;)

Have done as both of you have suggested. List:

Seed:

D. binata var. dichotoma--great and super hardy sundew.
D. Capensis--plant has a red streak on underside of leaves in bright light. Really nice!
D. Capensis ‘alba’
D. Capensis ‘Broadleaf’
D. Spathulata “pink flower”
D. Filliformis sp. Filliformis ‘FL Red’
D. Indica ‘Pale Pink Flower’--Strongest sundew I have ever seen. Seed available in bulk!
D. Venusta--very nice African sundew
D. Natalensis
D. Dielsiana
D. Burmanii
D. Intermedia “northern”
D. Intermedia ‘Cuba’

S. Oreophylla ‘Sand Mountain’-trade to CA only
S. Leucophylla
S. Alata--Greene co. Mississippi

Plants of the following:

A very nice typical VFT clone. Gets big traps and giant rhizome.

D. binata var. dichotoma--great and super hardy sundew.
D. Capensis--plant has a red streak on underside of leaves in bright light. Really nice!
D. Capensis ‘alba’
D. Capensis ‘Broadleaf’
D. Spathulata “pink flower”
D. Spathulata “white flower”
D. Filliformis sp. Filliformis ‘FL Red’
D. Indica ‘Pale Pink Flower’
D. Venusta--very nice African sundew
D. Alicae--largest rosetted African sundew
D. Natalensis
D. Rotundifolia
D. Rotundifolia--butterfly valley, CA

P. ‘Sethos’
P. essenceriana
P. ‘titan’

U. Sandersonii-nice purple flowers
U. Longifolia
U. Subulata-great utric for bogs. Lives up to it’s name.
U. Livida

S. 'Judith Hindle'
S. leucophylla (seed grown)--mature next year
S. leucophylla (seed grown)--mature next year
S. x Dixie Lace (4 growth points)
S. Oreophylla ‘Sand Mountain’--trade to CA only.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

You may want to say what you're offering, most people are looking for specific plants, not general groups..

I'M looking for a general group. I thought others might be also ???

Also thought a complete list might be cumbersome. Maybe that's why you didn't post one?

But 'tis done. Thanks for the suggestion!

out of curiosity, why don't you ever want to try Cephs (or Helis)? Cephs are so cool & so easy!
cheers

Would Cephs grow well in SD? If so, I'll change that. I was thinking they might.

The growlist hasn't been updated in a LONG time. Notice I don't have dewy pine listed.

But helis, don't think those will grow well outside...if they do, please correct me somebody!

Thanks,

Yes, Cephs can grow well in SD. My ceph has no problem during the past 4 months. SD is a heaven for most non-carnivorous and carnivorous plants.

To grow helis, well, you really need terrarium.

Would Cephs grow well in SD? If so, I'll change that. I was thinking they might.

The growlist hasn't been updated in a LONG time. Notice I don't have dewy pine listed.

But helis, don't think those will grow well outside...if they do, please correct me somebody!

Thanks,

Thanks,

Cephs grow great outside in SD, and Helis take a little bit more care - gotta put it in a glass vase to keep humidity up, and move them in when its 80+ degrees for Aug/Sept.

Hmmm. Going to have to get me a ceph 'HG' then. Thank you for the information everybody!

Never mind on the helis. Too much trouble.

hmm.....seed from D. Intermedia “northern”....considering that they are northern, they should be able to grow in a bog garden in NY state, right?

Right. I could send you a few plants...

halfway dormant.

You're in luck! I have d. intermedia seed from Manchester New Jersey!

Location data is always cool.

halfway dormant.

You're in luck! I have d. intermedia seed from Manchester New Jersey!

Location data is always cool.

Ohhhh, sounds good....I'll PM ya. ;)

BTW: I forgot that I don't have any more "northern" plants. I do have 200-300 seeds though. I can trade both these and the seed with location data.

Back