What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery pygmy - probably D. roseana one plant appeared in a fresh pot of D. scorpioides and I was unable to ID it last year. This year the offspring look like D. roseana but they haven't flowered.
1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nikki630
4.Cain
5.Nepenthes101
6. c.louis5

D. roseana - I got gemmae last year from Thez Yo and Larry
1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nepenthes101
4. jonnyq
5.Cain
6. c.louis5

D. pulchella salmon colored flower
1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.i<3carnivores
4.Nepenthes101
5. jonnyq
6. c.louis5

D. scorpioides pink flower
1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nepenthes101

D. scorpioides white flower
1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.i<3carnivores

D. scorpioides flower color unknown from bonus gemmae (color not specified) or strays in my pots from pink and white flower plants last year (they're all over the place). Most likely white flower but you never know.
1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nikki630
4. jonnyq

D. helodes
1. Kamikazi567 (I have anough postage, can you put it into my envelope? Not A Number)
2. Lil Stinkpot

I mailed yours out Tues.

Mystery pygmy - probably D. roseana one plant appeared in a fresh pot of D. scorpioides and I was unable to ID it last year. This year the offspring look like D. roseana but they haven't flowered.
1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nikki630
4.Cain
5.Nepenthes101
6. c.louis5

1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nepenthes101
4. jonnyq
5.Cain
6. c.louis5

1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.i<3carnivores
4.Nepenthes101
5. jonnyq
6. c.louis5

1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nepenthes101

1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.i<3carnivores

D. scorpioides flower color unknown from bonus gemmae (color not specified) or strays in my pots from pink and white flower plants last year (they're all over the place). Most likely white flower but you never know.
1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nikki630
4. jonnyq

D. helodes
2. Lil Stinkpot

ONE SLOT STILL OPEN!!!

Well I have Nepenthes101 SASE even as we speak. I just got it in the mail yesterday. I'll give him first refusal. If he opts out I'll send 'em to Kamikazi on my nickel. If Kamikazi opts out again they'll be up for grabs.

1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nikki630
4.Cain
5.Nepenthes101
6. c.louis5

1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nepenthes101
4. jonnyq
5.Cain
6. c.louis5

1. Kamikazi567
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.i<3carnivores
4.Nepenthes101
5. jonnyq
6. c.louis5

1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nepenthes101

1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.i<3carnivores

1. kulamauiman
2. Lil Stinkpot
3.Nikki630
4. jonnyq

D. helodes
1. Nepenthes101
2. Lil Stinkpot

I got mine! pretty much all of them are green except 1 or 2 turn brown. I potted up. I will keep it updated. BTW the seal of the padded envelope was popped open when I got it make sure you tape it when you mail out self-seal usually too strong or too weak.

Thanks you very much.

Ok, that's a new brand of envelopes, I'll tape them down in the future. Did it take that long to get more or less across town? I sent those out Monday last week as I recall.

I got mine last week. (Ooops!)

They are all planted, and many are beginning to sprout. Thanks, NAN!

So far, so good... :) The D. roseana and D. scorpioides that I planted under fluorescent lights are sprouting, in fact I finally saw little leaves on some of the D. roseana...

The D. scorpioides, D. roseana and D. pulchella that are in my south-facing window are also moving along, although more slowly, as expected...

Thanks again so much; very excited for these, my first pygmy sundews! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
All were mailed out as of Friday 12/3.

Keeping the media very moist and/or high humidity tends to help with most until the roots get established then you can back down.

Once the plants start growing fully formed traps you can introduce springtails to your pots to feed the plants. They'll grow a lot faster if well fed. Put a small pot of moist peat outdoors near some soil for a few days. This will likely attract springtails and unfortunately fungus gnats. If you see springtails shoo away any adult gnats and bring the pot indoors next to your other pots. Just let it dry out which will kill any fungus gnat eggs or larvae and the springtails will invade your other pots.

Just wanted to say thanks again! These were my first pygmy sundews and they're doing pretty well!

A couple of the D. roseana:
Drosera%20roseana%2001a.jpg

Drosera%20roseana%2003a.jpg

Those are doing rather well. It looks like they're getting some springtail meals too.

Happy growing!

Back