Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cephs and/or Helis wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know evryone tells me that be someone almost traded me for a cobra plant it's just it was'nt the moutian var. ok so everyone please stop bugging me about you won't find one oh know that will not work you might oh i don't BUY ONE ok thanks! NOT MEANING TO BE RUDE ONCE AGIAn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to break down and buy one myself. Good luck finding a trade!

Might be easier if you were a lil nicer though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey eou, I don't think people are trying to be mean...it's just that we don't want you to get your hopes up for nothing. From looking at the posts you've made so far, we can tell that you've gotten a lot of new plants lately. Cephs and Helis are incredibly cool plants, but they're also pretty tough to grow, as well as relatively hard to come across.

My advice is to concentrate on the new plants you've gotten recently, and learn to grow them really well. I think once you've shown that you're a good grower, folks will be more likely to share things like Cephs and Helis with you because they'll know that the plants are going to a good home.
    Last edited by Presto; 12-13-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: grammar fail
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks presto that cheered me up now you know how to put things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cephs and Helis are pretty expensive, and the things you have for trade are really cheap. If you're not willing to spend any of your own money on a plant, then don't ask anyone else to bestow it on you for free. It's not fair to ask someone to give you a rare plant like that for such a poor trade, especially when you haven't even bothered to do your own research on how to grow them in the first place. It may be that you don't even have the proper setup to grow these plants (especially Heliamphora). Presto is absolutely right--take your time and enjoy what you've already got. And next time do your research first and know the proper value of the plants you are asking for.

Moreover, just because you say you're not trying to be rude does not change the fact that you are being rude. You can't just cancel out the rudeness of a comment by ending it with "I'm sorry; I'm not trying to be rude." Let me give you an example: I could walk up to someone and slap them in the face. If, after slapping them, I promptly exclaimed "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to slap you in the face!" that probably wouldn't make up for what I had just done.

And finally, I will say this: I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I want you to learn, so that you will be less likely to make these same mistakes in the future and more likely to have successful trades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can also be noted that winter is probably the worst time for trades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i don't BUY ONE ok thanks! NOT MEANING TO BE RUDE ONCE AGIAn!
    obnoxious?

why cant you buy one? over the years i have probably purchased(with money... duh) 1/2 of my collection at its peak. and spent nearly $400(granted... that chump change compared to what serious grower dish out) all the rest was progeny of those plants or plants traded off for more. if you find the right place or the right person you can buy a heli for ~30 bucks(i think i traded for mine...) and a ceph for about the same(i think i got a cutting for free that came with a trade. cephs and helis also ARE NOT beginners plants. they may be easy for some but usually have specific needs. my heli had to grow in pure LFS and in a terrarium for me. and my ceph... well... i really didnt do much with it. i just set it and forget it and got really lucky i suppose.

you cant expect to grow these well if all of your experience comes from a bombproof nep and some weedy sundews. in time you learn to develop your skills and move up. from the time i started(like...october 05) i got my first heli 2 years ago and my first ceph a few months before that. thats... what 3 years? the hard truth is that experience takes time.

now.... make a purchase on some easy plants and grow them out so you can take pieces of them and trade them off for other plants. one thing you have to learn about CPs or any plants for that matter is that if you rush anything about it(yea. jumping in on harder to grow plants is one of them)... its gonna fail.

Alex

PS... if you want to go ahead and keep trying to get rarer plants for more common ones then have at it. im just saying you might want to think twice and do a bit more research.
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOOK i have over 50 plants and i have had them for over a year and only one died it was a ping and it was fungus knats ate the roots and killed it so i am cose to being a expert CP'S grower i have some i just want a few more ok and i have every CP'S in the world except one or two ok so i am not some guy that wants to buy a CP and does'nt even had one. !#@%^&*()

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

and an exspenive ceph

P.S. JUST PLAYIN WITH YOU GUYS NO FELLINGS HURT INTINDED but i really do have what i said i had

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast