Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cephs and/or Helis wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eou812 View Post
    LOOK i have over 50 plants and i have had them for over a year and only one died it was a ping and it was fungus knats ate the roots and killed it so i am cose to being a expert CP'S grower i have some i just want a few more ok and i have every CP'S in the world except one or two ok so i am not some guy that wants to buy a CP and does'nt even had one. !#@%^&*()
    wow. good luck finding one through trades acting like that.

NO ONE HERE IS AN EXPERT. and i will guarantee you that no one will honestly admit that they are one. they may be good at a particular genus... but not an expert by any means(to all that just read that, i still have great respect for each of you so dont think i am trying to depreciate your knowledge). in my collection's prime i had nearly 200 different plants. and i wasnt an expert on anything. i grew(or so id like to think...) amazing plants and still had stuff to learn about every single one of them.

im not even going to comment on that last part. are we acting like adults?

Alex

EDIT: nice of you to throw that second post in there.
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that was really all a joke except for the part that i have well over 50 plants i might be a two levels over a begginer.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Attention everyone i am being nice from now on like i sort of have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the bottom line eou812---if you're going to be an active participant in this forum, you are going to have to treat others with respect and conduct yourself in an appropriate manner. There are quite a few 13 year olds on this forum who are able to do so, so it isnt impossible. So far you have spurned the careful advice of multiple members each saying the same thing, which probably means that it is something of very high importance. mostly

1) the trading grounds that you have setup are (yes i will say it) ludicrous---it's almost the equivalent of trading a paint by numbers painting set for a painting by Picasso.

2) you need to gain more experience in your CP cultivation techniques. you say that you've been growing carnivorous plants for about a year now. Good! but let's see that growlist of yours, what have you been growing and for how long? like glider said, growing bombproof plants for a year does not show any skill in CP cultivation. You've got those plants down? Good! then move on to something slightly more difficult. some plants you might want to try are: N. singalana, N. sanguinea, U. longifolia, U. dichomata, D. slackii, D. hamiltonii---then even more difficult plants such as N. talangensis, N. lowii, U. nephrophylla, tuberous dews, etc etc. by the time you've reached that last group of plants, you'll be ready to tackle a ceph or a heli.

3) If you're really that desperate for a ceph or a heli, why not buy one? or ask your parents to buy you one? Christmas is right around the corner. $30 bucks is much cheaper than many video games these days. Plus, i feel that plants that are bought with my own money hold a very special place in my heart, especially if they're expensive---not because of their value, but because of the amount of work that i had to do in order to raise that money and therefore, i take much better care of them.

and finally, if you are not able to conduct yourself as an adult, then you're going to be treated as a child. and last time i checked, no children were allowed in the forums.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont define my personal skills as a grower under classes... beginner-expert are difficulties on guitar hero.

50 plants is a nice collection. practice growing techniques with what you have and once you have that down you can get more and move up to the next difficulty level. going from D. capensis and adelae to hard neps, cephs or helis isnt the smartest idea. neps are going to be youre best chance for helis and cephs. get a few more easy neps(sanguinea is an excellent choice) and then get something along the lines of N. fusca, maxima, spectabilis or truncata, still easy but some have some quirks. after you can successfully grow those you can move to cephs. if you step it up to the true highland Nepenthes like tentaculata, sibuyanensis, mira, or lowii and can grow those successfully then you wont have ANY problem growing Heliamphora. Heliamphora and true highland Nepenthes have nearly the same growing requirements.

just some advice.

Alex

EDIT: i didnt realize it took me 12 mins to write that haha...
    Plus, i feel that plants that are bought with my own money hold a very special place in my heart, especially if they're expensive
    FULLY agree... it killed me to see my 'Sabre' and 'PDA' go....
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at my signature. Let me know if you're interested.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks you two i think i understand now. but have any of you seen my grow list?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

no are you kidding me that's the worst deal ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no are you kidding me that's the worst deal ever!
    and yet it is similiar to the kind of deal you are asking for. dew cuttings for heliamphora.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kgrudz: my thoughts exactly.

but i think we should give him a break. i think he understands now.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast