What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In desperate need: D. burmannii

Please PM me you have a couple plantlets to trade off.. I've searched every single vendor out there, and nothing.. anywhere!

Oooh, Andy said he has some, the other night in the chats.
And I think Exo might have some.

I've got plants and seeds :-D

I am having trouble finding this as well. I have send in germination, but it has been 4 weeks and nothing showing. I have never had trouble germinating this before.

I also just sowed some of my Drosera burmannii seed. I saved this seed in June 1988. I probably have more than 10,000 seed, but I don't know if any of it is still viable, until I can verify some germination. We're leaving Christmas eve for a week in Scottsdale with my in-laws, hopefully some of the many varieties of seeds I've recently sown will have begun to germinate by the time we return.

It's most exciting to sow seed, leave them alone for a while, then discover they've germinated and are growing. Less exciting, but still fun, is watching them carefully every day, to witness the moment they begin to germinate.

If I successfully germinate some, I'll offer to share/trade some.

They germinate best when totally ignored and they do so in pots not intended for them. I have about a half dozen recent sprouts, in 4 pots.

I can attest to Jim's comment. I just had a pot of D. burmannii and P. lusitanica come back after nearly two years of being all carpet moss.
~Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
P. lusitanica is another one that does the Phoenix thing and shows up all over the place, as does D. capensis, D. intermedia, D. capillaris, D. natalensis,.... This is why I now have "D. roundandstickia" in my grow list!

For all you who'd like some D. burmannii, I've got some.

I've got D. burmannii seed...if anyone wants some, just ask. ;)

Yeah, my D. burmannii took a couple of months to sprout, and only did so when I left the pot for dead and just ignored it. It's one of those that loves to germinate, but only when you don't expect it to. And also, my original batch are still alive, even after flowering. Let no one tell you they die afterwords. They shrink, but with loving care, they will flower another thousand times...

All set.. Thanks everyone!

Back