What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for P. gypsicola

Baylorguy

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer"
Hello - As the title states, I am looking for an established specimen of P. gypsicola. I'd be willing to trade almost any ping on my list and most sundews. Have a look and let me know if anyone is interested.

Phil

By established, do you mean not tiny? I have some tiny, but established ones... The plantlets formed back in March.
Andrew

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Example of what I mean by tiny (just taken)... My labels are 5/8" wide. (they'd be bigger by now if I watered them more often :blush: )
Andrew

IMG_2179.JPG

Hey Andrew, tiny may actually be good. Through trades I was never able to keep a mature P. gigantea alive, but I was sent a leaf cutting and it has since grown into a nice specimen. Maybe because it has more of a fighting chance if introduced to my conditions at an early stage?

Phil

Hmm.. got me! I'd be happy to mail one off for ya if you are interested in trying one of this size. =) I would say I have the same success with any size plant- pending species ;) Those pesky USA Pings I seem to have a problem with! haha
Andrew

Yeah, no kidding! Every US ping I ever tried to grow has spat on my face... and then died :(

Sure, I'll take ya up on the offer. Hopefully the little guy grows well for me so I can spread the wealth.

Alright cool, I'll let you know when it goes out.
Andrew

Back