What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You win my s. oreophylla "sand mountain" division--if you promise to actively propagate your plants in the future :boogie:

P. S. You should give away a division or two in the future if you can!

I claimed I didn't win, so SDCPs decided to make a liar out of me. :)
I promise to giveaway/trade a division of the S. oreophila when it gets big enough, thereby helping distribute this very rare plant. That might be a year or two down the road, depending on how quickly it grows. In the meantime, I will giveaway a few miscellaneous things because it's time for me to finally contribute to this awesome community that I sometimes feel I am not worthy of.
:hail: -> Terra Forums

nice, congrats, always wanted to try my own luck with an oreophylla... unfortunately... i seem to miss all the giveaways...

HAPPY GROWING!

nice, congrats, always wanted to try my own luck with an oreophylla... unfortunately... i seem to miss all the giveaways...

HAPPY GROWING!

I have a bunch of seedlings..if they make size I may be giving some away this summer....I can keep you in mind. ;)

Antechron I am with you.

exo, that would be awesome! I actually had an oreo back maybe 4 years ago that was doing great, but when I was in Brazil my mom (who was doubling as their caretaker) let it dry out and had it in a North facing window indoors. I about cried when I heard about that... since then I've been dying to get my hands on another one.

I also want to add - LONG LIVE GIVEAWAYS! That is one thing that makes this community so amazing!

Exo it's this summer u ready to give those Oreos away (or did that already happen and I missed it)

Mickey you realize it's been six months

I may have a few that are large enough to give away, I'll have to look...I'd have a bunch, but they experienced a freak coldsnap this spring and it set them back considerably....I may just hold on to them till spring..I intend on growing them under lights over the winter.

If you do have any could you keep me in mind?

1) Currently, do you have any of these Sarracenia and/or any of their forms, varieties, or cultivars in your CP collection
No :(

2) Yes, I had a mature oreophila with 26" pitchers. I was going to do a seed giveaway but I lost the plant mysteriously.
Roots were nice and healthy when I repotted, so was the rhizome.

3)I've been growing sarracenia as long as I've been growing cp's, about five years.,

4) I have Approximately 15-20 sarras
My favorite is S. flava var rubricorpora and S. x Catesbaei

I had an oreophila with 26" pitchers.
It flowered in my care and I was going to do a seed giveaway, but then me new kitten broke the flower stalk.
I had hand pollinated it and bagged it in mesh to prevent cross pollination.
Unfortunately I lost the plant. The rhizome was a nice caramel color, and the roots white and wiry when I re potted.
After several months with no emerging growth I checked to find the rhizome was mush. :(
Here in Oregon we've had an unusually wet and cold spring this year, I think the weather may be partly to blame.

Last edited:
Thanks
You truely are exolicious

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

D muscipula, you entered a contest that's six months old

Are you serious. Did I really?!
Oops :grin:

Back