I divided my massive S. oreophila “Alabama” today and have a couple extra divisions that I will gift to ONE person.
Here is the clumped plant before dividing:
About this plant:
-I acquired a division of this oreo from a grower in Northern California three years ago.
-The person I got this from had it listed as S. oreophila “Alabama” and described it as being able to turn red in late summer.
-Personally, I have not seen this under my conditions.
-The “Alabama” in its name is not to be confused with location data; it is simply an unregistered cultivar.
-I have found that this plant produces three crops of pitchers throughout the growing season, each one being showier than the last.
-Under my conditions, this plant produces pitchers until mid-fall.
Here are some shots:
-You will receive the following:
1) 2 individual large, dormant divisions that are flowering size.
2) 1 Large section of rhizome that has no pitchers, but it is completely healthy and has roots. It may produce new growth points on its own, or you can go ahead a notch it if you want to encourage it.
-Available to anyone in the lower 48 US states.
-The divisions will be free.
-The shipping will be free.
-This will be considered a gift.
-I will ship via USPS Priority.
-Everything will be shipped bare-root.
-This in NOT first come, first served.
-If you want a chance to be chosen as the recipient, you must answer the following questions:
1) Currently, do you have any of these Sarracenia and/or any of their forms, varieties, or cultivars in your CP collection?
a) S. oreophila
b) S. alabamensis ssp. alabamensis (S. rubra ssp. alabamensis)
c) S. jonesii (S. rubra ssp. jonesii)
2) If no, have you ever grown any of the above Sarracenia in the past?
3) How long have you grown Sarracenia for?
4) How many Sarracenia do you currently have in your collection?
This offer will remain open for several days... maybe until early Friday. I will then select one person and notify him/her via PM. He/she will then have to provide me with their address so that I can ship. I will post here when a person has been selected.
PM me if you have any questions...
Lastly, I am doing this giveaway because I too, am the beneficiary of a giveaway from a forum member long ago. Keep in mind to be generous whenever you can!