What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeder beetles to trade

I have Hissing Roaches, Orange head roach, Blatta lateralis, Lobster and Blaptica dubias for trade for other insects especially Checkered and Domino roaches. I would be willing to trade for other items, cps etc. Be cognizant of your state laws and of course USA only please.Thank you
Phil1

I may be interested in some of the Orange Head Roaches. These are Eublaberus prosticus? Non climbing / flying?
How quickly do they multiply compared to Lobster Roaches?
Do they need higher temps like the Lobsters?

I have been raising Lobster Roaches almost 2 years now, never had any escape but have been thinking of switching over to Eublaberus prosticus since they do not climb. Even less of a chance of anything getting away.

What kind of CP's would you want for some?

Just was doing some checking and maybe I'd want Blatta lateralis instead. Orange Head roaches may be getting a little big for my Leopard Geckos.

Climbing

You are correct with the orange head, they are posticus. I raise both for my leopard geckos as a cricket alternative. Posticus do not climb and can get rather large. Our Bearded loves them. The smaller nymphs are good food also, nice and juicy. They are pretty easy to take care of a 5 gallon box with some peat moss in the bottom, keep them dryer and the best food is fruit maybe supplement with some dry dog food on occaision. I keep the cages with my reptiles mid 70's and they do just fine. The Blatta are the same. They are quicker but not as hard shelled. As far as trade material. I have alot of native stuff, I just pulled back the mulch to see how well they did and so far so good. Pings, Drosera and of course nepenthes are always good. The more common stuff is fine. If you have some of the out of the ordinary vfts that would work also.
I will be looking at separating by bogs out later. And cutttingh back my Nepenthes soon, but that will be anoither trade

Back