Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: extras for trade

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the ferns, sorry about the bad photo's but I'm short on time and they will be deleted after this.
    Davilla parvula - this one would have to be sent unpotted/unmounted
    Another Davilla parvula since its hard to get a good idea of the plant from just 1 photo
    Pyrrosia nummularifolia
    Lemmaphyllum microphyllum - 2 different forms.
    Microgramma heterophylla on the left there.
    Microsorum lingiforme

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a clump of Drosera admirabilis holotype small form of about 5-6 plantlets. The mature plants get to about the diameter of a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin. I grow them outdoors all year round and they've tolerated tempertures down to 38F at night. They've been grown semi-aquatic having developed from root runners coming out of the drain holes so you'll have to harden them off before planting. They may not be rooted yet but they are still attached to the root runners. I'll snip the runners of at the drain hole and you could probably spawn more from the cuttings. Not really interested in anything except maybe the Dionaea 'Royal Red' even though I'm kind of giving up on Venus Flytraps.

Here's a mature plant after a happy summer:
    Last edited by Not a Number; 03-10-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread Hijack..Not a Number, if nthez doesn't want those beautys, I do
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I have a clump of Drosera admirabilis holotype small form of about 5-6 plantlets. The mature plants get to about the diameter of a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin. I grow them outdoors all year round and they've tolerated tempertures down to 38F at night. They've been grown semi-aquatic having developed from root runners coming out of the drain holes so you'll have to harden them off before planting. They may not be rooted yet but they are still attached to the root runners. I'll snip the runners of at the drain hole and you could probably spawn more from the cuttings. Not really interested in anything except maybe the Dionaea 'Royal Red' even though I'm kind of giving up on Venus Flytraps.
    Is there anything else from my collection that seems interesting to you then if you sorta like the DM Royal Red? Like you're not interested in the all-green one or anything? Those dews look cute...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a pile of Dionaea 'Justina Davis' plantlets to repot so I don't need anymore all green Dionaea. I haven't the space to grow Nepenthes nor the space or facilities for Heliamphora and orchids would suffer a slow and horrible death in my hands.

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NAN
    do i have to come all the way to LA,again to get a plant or seeds from that plant?
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I've got a pile of Dionaea 'Justina Davis' plantlets to repot so I don't need anymore all green Dionaea. I haven't the space to grow Nepenthes nor the space or facilities for Heliamphora and orchids would suffer a slow and horrible death in my hands.
    How about a D.paradoxa hybrid or some pygmy sundews? I'm overrun by the latter at the moment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm crossing my own D. paradoxa hybrids at the moment. What I need are pure species as I don't have seed grown siblings of any of my petiolaris complex species. What pygmies do you have?

Lois - Anything to get you down to LA again The next LACPS meeting is at Fullerton. These plants yield very little seed for me so far - maybe one capsule in 5 will have a tiny amount of seed - even with repeated hand pollination. I gave away all of the last two years seed to some growers in NY. How viable the seed is I don't know. The colony is somewhat depleted since three of the plants expired at the end of summer for reasons only they know. Time for some root cuttings, but I'm sure we can work something out.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast