Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carnivorous Plant DVD Giveaway / Poetry Contest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome poetry everyone! I have made my decision. First I will list the two poets that are honorably mentioned. There is no prize for honorable mentioned; I just wanted to acknowledge the talented poets that almost won the contest. It was a very close match.

zlookup - I loved your poem. I wish I had a prize for second and third place. Keep up the good work.

TheFury - Your second limerick is just about perfect. It was funny and it rhymed well.

...and the first place winner of the DVD is...

SDCPs - Your poem blew my mind. I expected to pick the poem that made me laugh the most (TheFury's second limerick), but that's not how everything turned out. I was actually sad when you thought your sundew died. I will send you a PM with instructions to receive your prize.

I want to thank everyone for participating. I hope you had fun writing your poetry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats to SDCPs. it was a pleasure reading every ones poems. here's hoping people continue to write poems in the general thread's forum.
    --------
    z

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raccoon city View Post
    Awesome poetry everyone! I have made my decision. First I will list the two poets that are honorably mentioned. There is no prize for honorable mentioned; I just wanted to acknowledge the talented poets that almost won the contest. It was a very close match.

zlookup - I loved your poem. I wish I had a prize for second and third place. Keep up the good work.

TheFury - Your second limerick is just about perfect. It was funny and it rhymed well.

...and the first place winner of the DVD is...

SDCPs - Your poem blew my mind. I expected to pick the poem that made me laugh the most (TheFury's second limerick), but that's not how everything turned out. I was actually sad when you thought your sundew died. I will send you a PM with instructions to receive your prize.

I want to thank everyone for participating. I hope you had fun writing your poetry!
    Thank you very much raccoon city for hosting such an awesome contest!

I am honored to the the unexpected winner! In accordance with the ruling of the contest judge: I believe, your honor, that TheFury's second limerick and your own first limerick were the next best pieces here.

Thank you for making this very entertaining contest possible! I enjoyed the poetry of others, and relished writing my own on demand.

(@Fury: you cooked your own goose, man! If your limerick wasn't so good and inspiring, I'd never have entered. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats SDCPs! And thanks for the honorable mention, everyone. This was a fun little experiment. Nice contest, raccoon city!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it today. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123