What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for a green highland form of N. reinwardtiana
I want a plant or cutting that produces pitchers that are angular on the bottom half, and round on the top. I'm after a plant with a certain shape to it's pitchers (photos below)

For trade
I have cuttings of a specimen sized stapelia hirsuta
I may be able to break off a rooted portion, as the plant is quite large.
I also have numerous nepenthes seedlings all about the size of a dime in diameter
of N.(splendiana x [veitchii x tiveyi])
N. Mirabilis, 2 Node unrooted cutting
D. 'Cuptrap' - Decent sized, sunburned but recovering
(Got them from a place that had them under flourescents, not knowing this, I put them in full sun.)

And in the future, if your willing to wait, seed from
S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii "Chipola River, FL" X S. flava var. rubricorpora "Clone T - Liberty Co. FL"

(I have pictures of the parents, both are flowering sized, I'm just waiting for the stalks.)

I may have some other plants for trade as well. I'll have to check
If so I'll update this later.

I'm looking for a cutting from a plant that is mature, or near maturity.

Here is a picture, albeit of the red form, that has the perfect shape I'm after.
96543-1-2.jpg

And here are some pictures of the green form with the same shape
9grsi9qj.jpg

Nepenthes_reinwardtiana_5%5B2%5D.jpg

Last edited:
Surely I thought I'd have a pm by now.

Surely I thought I'd have a pm by now.

Well...most HL reinwardtiana are red...I can't say I've even heard of a green HL form...the green ones are typically lowland. This may explan the lack of offers....

It's been less than a day and you're offering fairly small or common plants in exchange for a full grown specimen of something less common..

Well...most HL reinwardtiana are red...I can't say I've even heard of a green HL form...the green ones are typically lowland. This may explain the lack of offers....

While this isn't music to my ears, I find it very very interesting...
I wonder why they tend to have more coloration, the highland ones.

It's been less than a day and you're offering fairly small or common plants in exchange for a full grown specimen of something less common..

I actually traded some stapelia cuttings about 3 weeks ago for a cutting of reinwardtiana red.

I wasn't aware the that there are little to no green forms that are highland.
My logic was, if I traded stapelia cuttings for the red HL form, then it is more than likely I'll find someone who'll trade a cutting of a green Hl form for them.

Before Exo's post, I viewed a green HL reinwardtiana, as a less common "ventrata" sort of nepenthes.

I figured someone out there had a highland form that needed to be trimmed for space reasons.

They could trim their plant, encourage some basal production
and get some stapelia cuttings, nep seedlings, etc. in the process.

About offering fairly common stuff...
I don't know how common the parent plants are, but only three or so people have
(splendiana x [veitchii x tiveyi])

When I recieved the seed, I was told it was a new cross to cultivation.

Cuptrap is somewhat common, it definitely exists in cultivation, but there are many people who still don't have it.

And for stapelia, I know very little about them.
I was given the very large specimen plant about two years ago by some people in City Hall who know I grow plants, after someone complained of the smell of it's blooms.
Is hirsuta like the capensis of the carrion world???

I actually traded some stapelia cuttings about 3 weeks ago for a cutting of reinwardtiana red.

I wasn't aware the that there are little to no green forms that are highland.
My logic was, if I traded stapelia cuttings for the red HL form, then it is more than likely I'll find someone who'll trade a cutting of a green Hl form for them.

Before Exo's post, I viewed a green HL reinwardtiana, as a less common "ventrata" sort of nepenthes.

I figured someone out there had a highland form that needed to be trimmed for space reasons.

They could trim their plant, encourage some basal production
and get some stapelia cuttings, nep seedlings, etc. in the process.

About offering fairly common stuff...
I don't know how common the parent plants are, but only three or so people have
(splendiana x [veitchii x tiveyi])

When I recieved the seed, I was told it was a new cross to cultivation.

Cuptrap is somewhat common, it definitely exists in cultivation, but there are many people who still don't have it.

And for stapelia, I know very little about them.
I was given the very large specimen plant about two years ago by some people in City Hall who know I grow plants, after someone complained of the smell of it's blooms.
Is hirsuta like the capensis of the carrion world???

Sorry.. didn't mean that to come off as soo... :blush: mean :crap:

I just had serious problems selling off some rarer stuff, so maybe people just aren't trading right now either.

Sorry.. didn't mean that to come off as soo... :blush: mean :crap:

I just had serious problems selling off some rarer stuff, so maybe people just aren't trading right now either.

It's one con of online communication. It's hard to tell how people mean something because you can't hear the voice inflection because text isn't audible.

I didn't realized I was asking for something that may not be out there. :(

Back