What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a few plants for trade below

The first is N. ampullaria x sibuyanensis. I windowsill grew this for several months resulting in leaf growth, but no pitchers. I have since been growing it as a true lowlander and it seems to like it much better. As you can see it has a nice basal, and is developing pitchers on it's larger leaves. I'd really like N. jamban for this, but any intermediate or easier highland neps will be considered.
IMG_2319.jpg

Last summer I ordered a Mimosa pudica and got this instead, which I believe is an Acacia tree. This plant responds to day and night by opening and closing it's leaves. This pic was taken at night, so the leaves are "asleep". I've been growing this indoors. If it is an Acacia, then it will need a climate with warmer winters. I'd take Sarrs, Neps, maybe even Sundews or Butterworts.
IMG_2320.jpg

This is a small D. 'bohemian garnet', grown outdoors on my balcony. It gets full sun from dawn till about 3 p.m., and bright light the rest of the day. Any interesting Dionaea cultivars will be considered. Dare I hope for 'wacky traps' or 'korean melody shark'?
IMG_2321.jpg

The last plant is a small P. moranensis, about the size of a nickel. I grow it indoors under lights, with a 14 hour photo period. Any tropical pings will be considered, but I'd really like a P. gypsicola.

Thanks for looking!
IMG_2322.jpg

mimosas also have thorns and grow in lowland environments...the leaves of mimosa also close and open in response to light cycles. nice CPs!

O.O
Dibs on the Mimosa/Acacia/somethingorother! I <3 weird trees. I'm pretty sure I've got at least one thing you'll find to be a fair trade for it.
~Joe

@amphirion: Yeah, but this one doesn't respond to touch, just light. The pic doesn't show it very well, but it does have the thorns.

@seedjar: Awesome. It's a cool plant, I just don't have the set up to keep it long term. I was hoping someone would be interested in it.

if people are really interested in Mimosa pudica I can easily go collect seeds. Could set up a trade or something on another thread...

Back