Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fresh U. asplundii seeds for trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh U. asplundii seeds for trade

I have been pollinating two plants of U. asplundii (from same location) for the past few weeks and with some luck will have seed in the near future. I am mostly looking for fresh seeds of U. quelchii but will consider other Orchidioides as well. Seeds with location info will have priority. I will also consider offers from growers who 'expect' to have seeds within the next 6 months (or so).

U. asplundii, Chiwinda, Ecuador

One of the two plants (long lobes - dark center):

Interestingly, although both plants are from the same location, they have very different flowers.

If interested, please contact me via email:

I can ship worldwide (as long as you can legally receive the seeds).
    I have a USA permit to receive plants & seeds from other countries.
    I am posting now - in anticipation of having seeds, since they reportedly have a short shelf life. However, this also means that there is a chance that I get no seeds & no trade will occur. (although I have pollinated more than 25 flowers so far - "knocks on wood')
    No sales (I won't respond to offers to purchase)
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old thread I know, but does anyone have any tips on germination of U. asplundii seeds?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appropos of nothing other than the name, there was several years ago a tree trimming co. operating in my old neighborhood with the name Asplundii. Right under their noses, someone took a BIG piece of equipment. They hastily made a bulletin board out of a sheet of plywood and offered a reward of from 1K to 5K depending upon wether it was an employee of their co. or the local utility. I guess they did not consider it might have been someone passing thru, or an otherwise likewise opportunist. It disappeared after a couple of days. Also, in my neighborhood a contractor was (two months ago) doing a large sewer/water line repair and left a large backhoe unattended. Surprise! Someone came up, loaded it onto a trailer in the dark of night and drove off to their escape helicopter, or more likely to Mexico. Or a repaint shop, or??