Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utrics for postage (lots)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there more than likely were way more.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who is the lucky winner ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, was that added after I replied? I coulda sworn the email thingie wasnt there when I replied to the thread.. Oh well, such is life. I prolly just missed it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a huge chunk of Utricularia!

I would have tried to give away some of the nelumbifolia you gave me before but unfortunately I'm not having wild success with it.

I hope it can pick up soon.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    Hmm, was that added after I replied? I coulda sworn the email thingie wasnt there when I replied to the thread.. Oh well, such is life. I prolly just missed it.
    Brie it was there. It makes sense because the PM gets filled too quickly.

When I saw the thread I thought it was first come-first served.. so fired the email away and only then read the rest was too excited hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    Brie it was there. It makes sense because the PM gets filled too quickly.

When I saw the thread I thought it was first come-first served.. so fired the email away and only then read the rest was too excited hehe.
    Yeah I was prolly just to excited. I went ZOMG! *reply* lol. So yeah my bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that only me and Brie participated (atleast thats what it looks like).
    Oh no.

This is such an awesome opportunity, or was since it is already after AM.
    Thanks! The CP community has been very good to me & I try to give back whenever I can...

Quote Originally Posted by carnivoure12 View Post
    That's because he asked to be e-mailed if interested, not to post here that you are... Do there could very well be more people.
    Yup - that's it. In addition, this offer was also posted in other locations...

So who is the lucky winner ?
    The packages were mailed Saturday AM via USPS Priority mail and should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.** Given the number of people requesting plants, I relented and divided the larger, more robust pots into two pieces and shipped to two different people. The recipients have been emailed with the plants they should be receiving. If you haven't received an email - sorry.

** We were going out for the day and mailed the packages on our way out of town. We didn't get back until later last night so the emails didn't go out until today - my apologies for the suspense.

Hmm, was that added after I replied? I coulda sworn the email thingie wasnt there when I replied to the thread..
    The email part was there from the start. Whenever I do a giveaway or trade offer, I typically use the graphic of my email address (helps reduce spammers). I know it's very frustrating for people to try and send a PM - only to find out that the PM box is full.

Oh well, such is life. I prolly just missed it.
    .... along with many others ... (not just the email part). The majority of people who responded didn't do a good job of reading my instructions and (sadly) made the selection process easier (although it was still very difficult to choose).

One guy sent a long rationale for why he should be chosen and then closed by saying that he would send his mailing address if I selected him. I've played that game before and Friday night when the package is ready to send - guess what? That guy is probably out on a date (or asleep) and I have a box full of plants with no mailing address ... never again... (what does he think I'm a cheesy marketing company who wants to steal his home address so I can spam him forever?)

Each time I do one of these, I'm impressed by how many people either ignore my requests or decide to make their own. However, there are always those who do manage to follow the instructions and make it tough to select who gets the plants. I've also cyber-met a lot of great people and created some long-lasting friendships through these offers. .... and you never know who is going to respond. This offer produced a request from a very prominent, big-city botanical garden (who shall remain anonymous). (& no - they were not one of the two selected - but might get divisions in the future)
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post

The packages were mailed Saturday AM via USPS Priority mail and should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.** Given the number of people requesting plants, I relented and divided the larger, more robust pots into two pieces and shipped to two different people. The recipients have been emailed with the plants they should be receiving. If you haven't received an email - sorry.

** We were going out for the day and mailed the packages on our way out of town. We didn't get back until later last night so the emails didn't go out until today - my apologies for the suspense.
    Hey guys,

As soon as these recover and multiply await giveaways. I received email today in the morning and am happy beyond belief hehhe. Thank you Ron for this awesome giveaway!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast