Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More seed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried. You could send them in toxic waste and I'd only be worried about the seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Thank you for the information.
    Why am I cavalier? If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to start a new thread. I will not respond to you any longer in this thread.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Ok, One thing I have learned from this is never to send anything with seeds, but seeds. N.A.N. is correct about using precautions, but we should use them with everything. No, I am not having problem, but people have been caused to worry and that was not my intention.
    NaN is very helpful much of the time. I wouldn't take that attitude. If he hadn't posted we wouldn't have been "enlightened" of a few interesting possibilities.

And yes...just send seed. I have my own Ga3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What attitude? This isn't a discussion thread, by any means. She has every right to ask for the conversation to be moved to a different location. It never helps to fuel the fire bro-chacho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. I just wanted to say: Thank you again Copper. Even if nothing comes of it I'll remember your generosity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what its worth, the best time to sow D. trinervia is mid-late summer so the addition of GA3 won't impact on anyones ability to get these seeds up and going- just sow them as soon as you receive them. Regarding the human health aspects of GA3, it always pays to be careful when handling this and many other chemicals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seandew View Post
    For what its worth, the best time to sow D. trinervia is mid-late summer so the addition of GA3 won't impact on anyones ability to get these seeds up and going- just sow them as soon as you receive them. Regarding the human health aspects of GA3, it always pays to be careful when handling this and many other chemicals.
    Sow them on damp soil or dry soil, and in what temp range?.....I've heard that they may need a period of hot stratification before germination when the weather turns cooler.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sow them on damp soil. This species is much easier than some of the other winter growig South African species or tuberous Drosera. I find they germinate and grow just as easily as any other easy to grow South African- as long as the night temps drop to around 40F. In general, no pre-treatment is necessary- I've got the things coming up as weeds everywhere- even in pots that remain wet all year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seandew View Post
    Sow them on damp soil. This species is much easier than some of the other winter growig South African species or tuberous Drosera. I find they germinate and grow just as easily as any other easy to grow South African- as long as the night temps drop to around 40F. In general, no pre-treatment is necessary- I've got the things coming up as weeds everywhere- even in pots that remain wet all year.
    Hmmm...yeah....the nights aren't gonna drop to 40F here unless they spend it in the fridge....not untill late fall and winter at least...so should I hold off on sowing them then?

Keep in mind that they are treated with GA3...which apparently negates the need for stratification of any kind.

The place I would be growing them this time of year would have 75F days and 65F nights....but in winter the temps would be 65F day and 48F nights.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast