What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.hamata

Ive been looking for a nepenthes hamata for a little while but im not really willing to buy one from an out of the country nursery, i was wondering if anyone had one that they were looking to get rid of, if you pm me we can work something out regarding the hamata

Thanks
Aaron

Good luck, im looking too but i think ill wait a few years there just too much money right now ill wait to see if i can get a cutting or something.

AFAIK, Wistuba from Germany has them for about 30 Euros, and I think he has a distributor in the US. Therefore, ordering from him will have the plant shipped to the distributor, who'll send it to you. I don't know the details tho - so I may not be fully correct.

Rball - A hamata cutting? That's bound to be heavily expensive...

well i figured few years from now everyone who has them may end up with something but im in no rush

Yeah I figured that about predator. Those kinds of high dollar high be and items are held in reserves for big trades. Rares for rares. Don't normally make it to the trade board. My Leah Wilkerson trade in my experience is a rarity. You will see occasionally but more of the exception. Now once the market is flooded and not as high a demand yeah will be easy. But that could be years because many will die or people keep specimen plants. There are many many old hybrids still very rare because of that. This being a species is good cause it can at least be reproduced and still have the clone option. So good luck. You can find the trades out there but they normally will not make it to the trade boards. I found villosa through a trade. But promptly killed it a few months later. But it never made it to the trade boards.

Yeah, just be patient on the hamata. I got my first one for $125, my second for $70, just ordered my third for $40. Most rare things come down in price eventually. The very reason I waited on the hamata red hairy.

In hindsight, I don't feel so bad about getting rid of the first two.

I'm on the look out for a reasonable RHH myself. Just like dash.. good things come to those who wait it out. Paid $200 for a 10" hamata, then $25 for a basal from a seed grown parent. Had to wait a year to find them, but it was worth it.

Thanks to my dogs, all my Nepenthes are hairy.

haha.. I've got the same problem thanks to my cats.

As you can see here. :rolleyes:
<---------

Honestly, most of my hamatas came from people selling them at pitcherplants forum when I first started collecting them. I'd keep my eyes peeled over there... lots of good stuff gets sold there.

Thanks to my dogs, all my Nepenthes are hairy.

HAHA. Tell me about it! There probably isn't a single plant in my collection w/o at least one dog hair on it.

Back