What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Aquatic Utrics / Daphnia

Anybody have any type of temperate Aquatic utric (anything that will do good in S.Cali full sun)
that they can trade off?
As well as any Daphnia (water fleas) just enough to get a culture going.

PM me for what I have to offer...

I've got a whole mess of U. gibba:

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

007-7.jpg
Not sure if the bog water I use has daphnia, but the plants seem to like the conditions.

you can buy daphnia on aquabid .com

I have a small piece of U. Vulgaris I am willing to break up.

I have a glass jug with some water spinach growing in it, and lots of quite small critters swirling around. I looked with a jewelers loop, they do not like daphnia so far as I can tell, but sort of semi-circular, like a very tiny beetle. Though water beetles are big. There are a few mosquito larvae in there, but I have put in some bt israelensis, that should kill them shortly. I guesstimate they are about 1/4 the size of a pencil tip. There is also a small reed in there, maybe they came with it. Any ideas what these little devils might be, and might they be of interest to you?

cyprids?

I have a glass jug with some water spinach growing in it, and lots of quite small critters swirling around. I looked with a jewelers loop, they do not like daphnia so far as I can tell, but sort of semi-circular, like a very tiny beetle. Though water beetles are big. There are a few mosquito larvae in there, but I have put in some bt israelensis, that should kill them shortly. I guesstimate they are about 1/4 the size of a pencil tip. There is also a small reed in there, maybe they came with it. Any ideas what these little devils might be, and might they be of interest to you?

These are in fresh water. All the definitions I found say marine. Is there such a thing as a fresh water barnacle?

D J from LACPS often has Aquatic Utric and daphnia available at the meetings

halt, did you ever receive my package?

I have utricularia inflata with even the exact location where it was obtained green swamp NC(based on limeslide)

I can trade you U. inflata green swamp NC for anything i don't have that you want to trade with me, i'm mostly interested in that P. primuliflora! ;)

Send me a PM.

Thank you!

Back