0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats fine haha thank you very much highly generous of you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Box arrived today. All looked well and have been put into 4" square pots with 50-50 peat sand media.
    Thanks for your generosity - hope to be able to carry on with the tradition in the future (if the birds don't get'um and I don't kill'em)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pik View Post
    All PMs replied to. The first boxes will go out tomorrow, if I have your shipping payment and address by lights out tonight, that means you!

Still awaiting payment/info from Davyjones, Wire Man, and ieatflys

I'll ship Mon-Thur since I'm just a block away from the post office. Cutoff is Thursday because I don't wanna risk a box held over a weekend.

As always, if I've missed something, let me know.

@Aperture - disclaimer: YMMV.
    Short story: equal parts peat and perlite, keep their feet wet in 1/4" of CP-friendly water, windowsill or growlights.

Long story: I've personally grown it in equal parts peat and perlite, equal parts peat and silica sand, pure peat, pure turface, live sphagnum moss, and dried long fiber sphagnum moss. That's all in 2 months starting from a 1 inch plug. U. gram is notoriously easy to grow. I put mine through quite a bit of abuse experimenting with water levels. Now I'm a little wiser and the tray is a LOT less stinkier with rot. Through it all, U. gram soldiered on and grew grew grew. Any size pot will do, no need for a terrarium. If you're the curious/adventurous sort, U. gram is a great subject to play with things like medium, humidity, lighting, epiphytic, terrestrial, aquatic, emergent, submergent, blah blah blah. The sky's the limit!

Essentially, it does what it must because it can...
    So what water level do you tend to keep your terrestrial utrics in now? I try to keep mine in about an inch of water but I keep the plants in smaller pots so the pot is usually 1/3 or 1/4 in water. Since I'm still pretty much a noob I treasure any advice/suggestion I can get

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They came today..great packing job, thank you sooo much
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woohoo! 2 confirmed arrived safe and sound. Thanks for lettin me know, guys! Enjoy and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    So what water level do you tend to keep your terrestrial utrics in now? I try to keep mine in about an inch of water but I keep the plants in smaller pots so the pot is usually 1/3 or 1/4 in water. Since I'm still pretty much a noob I treasure any advice/suggestion I can get
    I don't know about giving you advice since I'm by no means an expert, but I can say a few things have worked for me and quite a few haven't.

I keep a seed tray of 2" square pots where I plant all of my terrestrial utrics in a mixture of live/dead sphagnum. I've found that if I mist these pots at least twice a day I can get the sphagnum to grow for me and it keeps the utrics quite happy. I don't keep them in any standing water at all. This is what I consider my grow-out tray. I get the utrics to multiply here then I use plugs in other experiments to see what works. Technically even this "grow-out" seed tray is an experiment but it seems to be working so far.

I try all kinds of things to get them to flower. When a utric flowers for me, then I can consider it a success. I've got a thread in the utric forum about the special utric pots I've made. These I put under lights between 6-12" and on windowsills (west, east, and south)...pretty much anywhere I think they might grow. I've read a lot about how some pickier utrics like or even require seasonal changes and daily temperature drops and all that good stuff a windowsill is perfect for. We'll see!
    Grow to learn, learn to grow.

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got mine in today and all potted up! Look good, thanks for the chance to grow these!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got no plant lol still waiting do you know what day you sent mine out?? cant wait im so excited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great to hear vbkid, good luck with em!

@ieatflys - i sent your box out on wednesday...it should have arrived by now or tomorrow unless something went awry
    Grow to learn, learn to grow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast