What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrestrial Utricularia for Postage

Offer Closed...for now!
================================

Yay, my first giveaway ever! I've got plugs of terrestrial utrics ready for new homes. They're easy growers.

Rules:
-You may fill in a maximum of 3 slots
-You must pay $6.00 for shipping, a small flat rate box.
-PM me for shipping details
-Copy and paste the entire list from the poster above you
-The little Drosera in the U. sandersonii pot came as a hitch hiker. It's 2 months old as of today. Call it if you want me to send it to you. First come, first served.

View attachment 1677
View attachment 1678
View attachment 1679

U. livida:
1. chibae

U. graminifolia

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae

Enjoy and please remember to pay it forward!

Last edited:
U. livida:
1. chibae
2.The Griffin

U. graminifolia
1.The Griffin

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae
2. The Griffin

I'll take the little capensis, if nobody has called it.

Thanks much!

Joe

U. livida:
1. chibae
2.The Griffin
3. DavyJones

U. graminifolia
1.The Griffin

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae
2. The Griffin
3. DavyJones

U. livida:
1. chibae
2.The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4.afrodisa

U. graminifolia
1.The Griffin
2.afrodisa

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae
2. The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4. afrodisa

U. livida:
1. chibae
2.The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4.afrodisa
5.vbkid

U. graminifolia
1.The Griffin
2.afrodisa
3.vbkid

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae
2. The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4. afrodisa

Are these from Ron's giveaway?

Are these from Ron's giveaway?

@The Griffin - the little dew is yours. I'm 99% positive it's a capensis like you say but I don't want to say so officially :p

@gill za - nope, I wasn't one of the lucky winners.

All PMs have been replied to, afrodisa, still haven't heard from you, buddy. Boxes will go out Tuesday once payments are in.

Can someone tell me what type of climate U. Graminifolia requires?

U. livida:
1. chibae
2.The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4.afrodisa
5.vbkid

U. graminifolia
1.The Griffin
2.afrodisa
3.vbkid
4.Wire Man

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae
2. The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4. afrodisa

U. livida:
1. chibae
2.The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4.afrodisa
5.vbkid
6.ieatflys

U. graminifolia
1.The Griffin
2.afrodisa
3.vbkid
4.Wire Man

U. sandersonii "Blue"
1. chibae
2. The Griffin
3. DavyJones
4. afrodisa

All PMs replied to. The first boxes will go out tomorrow, if I have your shipping payment and address by lights out tonight, that means you!

Still awaiting payment/info from Davyjones, Wire Man, and ieatflys

I'll ship Mon-Thur since I'm just a block away from the post office. Cutoff is Thursday because I don't wanna risk a box held over a weekend.

As always, if I've missed something, let me know.

@Aperture - disclaimer: YMMV.
Short story: equal parts peat and perlite, keep their feet wet in 1/4" of CP-friendly water, windowsill or growlights.

Long story: I've personally grown it in equal parts peat and perlite, equal parts peat and silica sand, pure peat, pure turface, live sphagnum moss, and dried long fiber sphagnum moss. That's all in 2 months starting from a 1 inch plug. U. gram is notoriously easy to grow. I put mine through quite a bit of abuse experimenting with water levels. Now I'm a little wiser and the tray is a LOT less stinkier with rot. Through it all, U. gram soldiered on and grew grew grew. Any size pot will do, no need for a terrarium. If you're the curious/adventurous sort, U. gram is a great subject to play with things like medium, humidity, lighting, epiphytic, terrestrial, aquatic, emergent, submergent, blah blah blah. The sky's the limit!

Essentially, it does what it must because it can...

Last edited:
wow theres a way to sum it up you must love our utrics ill send payment tom hopefully in the morning

First round of boxes went out today. Still got one plug of U. livida left. If no one claims it, I'm just gonna toss it to the last person I'm sending a box to.

I should be able to send payment by the end of the week, but I'll try sooner.

haha hey if ya dont mind wuld ya send it to me lol

Alrighty, offers now closed, thanks for participating, everybody. When they start multiplying, share them with others!

@ieatflys - sorry, the idea was to spread around utrics and you're already gettin a plug of livida, so it went to someone who didn't originally sign up for one.

Grood Growin, peoples

Thats fine haha thank you very much highly generous of you

Box arrived today. All looked well and have been put into 4" square pots with 50-50 peat sand media.
Thanks for your generosity - hope to be able to carry on with the tradition in the future (if the birds don't get'um and I don't kill'em)

All PMs replied to. The first boxes will go out tomorrow, if I have your shipping payment and address by lights out tonight, that means you!

Still awaiting payment/info from Davyjones, Wire Man, and ieatflys

I'll ship Mon-Thur since I'm just a block away from the post office. Cutoff is Thursday because I don't wanna risk a box held over a weekend.

As always, if I've missed something, let me know.

@Aperture - disclaimer: YMMV.
Short story: equal parts peat and perlite, keep their feet wet in 1/4" of CP-friendly water, windowsill or growlights.

Long story: I've personally grown it in equal parts peat and perlite, equal parts peat and silica sand, pure peat, pure turface, live sphagnum moss, and dried long fiber sphagnum moss. That's all in 2 months starting from a 1 inch plug. U. gram is notoriously easy to grow. I put mine through quite a bit of abuse experimenting with water levels. Now I'm a little wiser and the tray is a LOT less stinkier with rot. Through it all, U. gram soldiered on and grew grew grew. Any size pot will do, no need for a terrarium. If you're the curious/adventurous sort, U. gram is a great subject to play with things like medium, humidity, lighting, epiphytic, terrestrial, aquatic, emergent, submergent, blah blah blah. The sky's the limit!

Essentially, it does what it must because it can...

So what water level do you tend to keep your terrestrial utrics in now? I try to keep mine in about an inch of water but I keep the plants in smaller pots so the pot is usually 1/3 or 1/4 in water. Since I'm still pretty much a noob I treasure any advice/suggestion I can get :)

They came today..great packing job, thank you sooo much

Back