What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora pulchella (Akopan)

Aquatic plant soil, sold by a few vendors

http://www.pondcare.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=20

Schultz sells it as well... but their's seems to be harder to find

and sold by another company for a different application under the name of "Truface" and some variants of kitty litter and Oil dry

But for that warm and fuzzy feeling and ultimate safety go with products designed for plant use

Here's mine!

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

Now to go find some orchid fertilizer....

Butch,

Plant arrived fine. It's potted and currently checking out its other cellmates... Thanks again for your generosity. Cheers! :beer:

Geeze. How am I supposed to measure out 1/32 of a tsp to mix up this fertilizer. And that's for a gallon. I wanted to make 2 cups...

Looks like we gotta try this drug dealer style. I think I got it right.

Wow thats one big division!

i was surprised at the size when it arrived, almost thought i didnt have enough lfs for it too

Davy Jones...
Perhaps take 1/2 tsp of it, add it to 16 oz of water, (or 1/4 tsp to 8 oz.) mix & then take one oz of the mixture & add it to the gallon of water.
Store the rest in the fridge until needed.

Received mine today, and in perfect condition.
Thanks a ton Butch, its amazing :)

here it is potted in a 6" pot of LFS/Perlite with a top layer of Live LFS
DSC_0038.jpg

Looking awesome Butch!! TYVM sir!! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

0811111953.jpg

:hail:
excellent :)

Josh, you were the first person to send me anything (box full of stuff btw) when I joined TF.... it is my honour my friend.

Two divisions having trouble finding the way to their new homes....

MCALLEN, TX 78501
PORTLAND, OR 97202

Both have been left notice according to tracking numbers

mine is outside soaking up the sun with my other Helis which love it so far.... hopefully the pulchella loves it out there too.

you all and your PNW and San Fran conditions

:p

hehehehehe

:p Butch, you and your insane light set up and beautifully colored Helis... ill trade you any day :)

Butch that was the name of the game when I started. Ya know? Dews produce and procude, and since I was just a hobby grower why not get others started. It was my pleassure bro! It feels good to be back. I cannot wait to get the dew collection up again and Utrics so I can again send out the massive boxes! :) Maybe one day I can do the same with Helis and Neps like you do.

I got the plant on wednesday. I have it under flourescents bagged for humidity. I added a layer of live sphag to the top and buried the ends of the sphag in the soil so it will stay alive through capillary action.

I received one of Butch's heliamphora divisions secretly, it came beautifully, thanks Butch!

Untitled3-1.png

LOL, i see you gotz the good lighting for it Carn

sweet :)

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

all that were shipped are now delivered :)

enjoy and good luck all,
Av

Back